5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Steam of Consciousness
- a the omission of a word or phrase which is grammatically necessary but can be deduced from the context. (Some people prefer cats; others, dogs.)
- b a major category or type of literature.
- c writing that is the product of the author's imagination, an invention rather than actual history or fact
- d mysterious double.
- e a particular type of interior monologue, is an attempt to represent the inner workings of a character's mind, to re-create the continuous, chaotic flow of half-formed and discontinuous thoughts, memories, sense impressions, random associations, images, feelings, and reflections that constitute a character's consciousness
5 Multiple choice questions
- a long narrative poem written in elevated style which presents the adventures of characters of high position and episodes that are important to the history of a race or nation.
- an adjective to describe a description of a picturesque country life, an idealized story of happy innocence. Also referred to as Pastoral.
- harsh, inharmonious, or discordant sounds.
- the insertion of an earlier event into the normal chronological order of a narrative.
- poetry with no regular rhyme or rhythm.
5 True/False questions
Foil → a brief story that leads to a moral, often using animals as characters.
Hyperbole → intentional exaggeration to create an effect.
Juxtaposition → placing two elements side by side to present a comparison or contrast
Motivation → the implied or associative meaning of a word.
Jargon → the use of words to convey the opposite of their literal meaning; or, incongruity between what is expected and what actually occurs.