5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Interior Monologue
- a running over of a sentence from one line or stanza to another.
- b a formal poem presenting a meditation on death or another solemn theme. A dirge is a similar term that is a funeral song of lamentation
- c : a standard theme, element, or dramatic situation that recurs in various works
- d an adjective to describe a description of a picturesque country life, an idealized story of happy innocence. Also referred to as Pastoral.
- e The presentation to the reader of the flow of a character's inner emotional experience.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a brief story that leads to a moral, often using animals as characters.
- mysterious double.
- crude, often obscene literary genre.
- two consecutive lines of poetry that rhyme and are written in the same meter, or pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables
- what is said and what is meant
5 True/False questions
Epigram → a unified, direct poem with a sharp or singular point
Metaphor → a direct comparison of two different things. An extended metaphor is a metaphor that continues throughout the work and may be the controlling or central idea in the work
Hubris → excessive pride or arrogance that results in the downfall of the protagonist of a tragedy.
Denotation → : the literal meaning of a word.
Situational Irony → what is expected to happen and what actually happens; at times, the direct opposite of what is expected to happen