5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a machine for beheading people, used as a means of execution during the French Revolution.
- nobles- royalty-wealth- owned much land. Paid no taxes
- A change in ways of thinking and behaving The overthrow of a government by those who are governed.
- The famous prison whose storming is often marked as the beginning of the French Revolution
- clergy- The church people- priests- bishops-owned much land. Payed no taxes
5 True/False questions
Versailles → A palace built by Louis XIV outside of Paris; it was home to Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette
Third Estate → Bourgeoisie- peasants-owned very little land- paid all the taxes.
Bourgeoisie → educated, middle class of France; provided force behind the Revolution.
emigre → The famous prison whose storming is often marked as the beginning of the French Revolution
Reign of Terror → the historic period (1793-94) during the French Revolution when thousands were executed