5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a new intellectual movement that stressed reason and thought and the power of individuals to solve problems
- A palace built by Louis XIV outside of Paris; it was home to Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette
- a machine for beheading people, used as a means of execution during the French Revolution.
- A change in ways of thinking and behaving The overthrow of a government by those who are governed.
- Bourgeoisie- peasants-owned very little land- paid all the taxes.
5 True/False questions
Bastille → The famous prison whose storming is often marked as the beginning of the French Revolution
deficit spending → Spending more money than you have-debt
Second Estate → nobles- royalty-wealth- owned much land. Paid no taxes
Loius XVI → nobles and others who left France during peasant uprisings and who hoped to come back to the old system
Napoleon → French general who became emperor of the French (1769-1821)