5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a ______________ is the average weather pattern of a region over time.
- b __________ are areas in which water is near the surface of the soil most of the time.
- c In an ecosystem, all the organisms of one species make up a ____________.
- d ___________ means "tending to fall off during a particular season."
- e A material in soil formed by the breakdown of plant and animal remains.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A __________ is a small, shallow body of fresh water. Because they are shallow, sunlight can usually penetrate all the way to the bottom.
- An ____________ is the part of a river where fresh water meets the sea and is affected by the tides.
- The living things in an area are parts of special systems called ___________.
- An environmental factor that limits how large a population can grow.
- About three fourths of all fish caught in the U.S. each year spent part of their lives in ____________.
5 True/False questions
Tundras → ___________ is a cool forest of cone-bearing evergreen trees.
Ecosystem → ______________ consists of the living and non-living things in an area that interact with one another
Biotic factor → Any non-living part of the ecosystem, such as water, minerals, sunlight, air, or soil,is an _______________.
Exponential Growth → Any non-living part of the ecosystem, such as water, minerals, sunlight, air, or soil,is an _______________.
Bio → What root word means "living"?