5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Biotic factor
- Limiting Factor
- a Any living thing that is a part of an ecosystem is a __________.
- b ______________ consists of the living and non-living things in an area that interact with one another
- c An environmental factor that limits how large a population can grow.
- d In an ecosystem, all the organisms of one species make up a ____________.
- e Both organisms benefit in _______________. This is a positive form of symbiosis because the relationship benefits both species.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A ___________ is a region that has a particular climate and contains certain types of plants and animals.
- All the populations living in an area make up a ___________.
- ___________ is a cool forest of cone-bearing evergreen trees.
- ________________ is a relationship in which an organism of one species benefits at the expense of another organism of another species (one is happy and one is sad).
- A relationship between two kinds of organisms that lasts over time is called _____________.
5 True/False questions
Pond → A ___________ is a region that has a particular climate and contains certain types of plants and animals.
Commensalism → When one organism benefits but does not harm the other, the relationship is called ______________ (one is happy, and the other doesn't care).
Biotic Potential → The highest rate of reproduction under ideal conditions is a population's ________________.
Wetlands → A __________ is a small, shallow body of fresh water. Because they are shallow, sunlight can usually penetrate all the way to the bottom.
Estuary → About three fourths of all fish caught in the U.S. each year spent part of their lives in ____________.