5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Abiotic factor
- a Any non-living part of the ecosystem, such as water, minerals, sunlight, air, or soil,is an _______________.
- b A material in soil formed by the breakdown of plant and animal remains.
- c The living things in an area are parts of special systems called ___________.
- d ___________ is a cool forest of cone-bearing evergreen trees.
- e Both organisms benefit in _______________. This is a positive form of symbiosis because the relationship benefits both species.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Earth's biomes include, taigas, _________, deserts, grasslands, rain forests, and deciduous forests.
- When one organism benefits but does not harm the other, the relationship is called ______________ (one is happy, and the other doesn't care).
- ___________ means "tending to fall off during a particular season."
- An environmental factor that limits how large a population can grow.
- When a population has access to ample food, living space, and other resources, it will grow very quickly in a pattern called ________________.
5 True/False questions
Climate → ___________ is a cool forest of cone-bearing evergreen trees.
Ecology → An ____________ is the part of a river where fresh water meets the sea and is affected by the tides.
Biotic Potential → The highest rate of reproduction under ideal conditions is a population's ________________.
Bio → A ___________ is a region that has a particular climate and contains certain types of plants and animals.
Pond → What root word means "living"?