5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a All the populations living in an area make up a ___________.
- b ___________ is a cool forest of cone-bearing evergreen trees.
- c Earth's biomes include, taigas, _________, deserts, grasslands, rain forests, and deciduous forests.
- d A material in soil formed by the breakdown of plant and animal remains.
- e When one organism benefits but does not harm the other, the relationship is called ______________ (one is happy, and the other doesn't care).
5 Multiple choice questions
- The study of organisms and how they interact in an ecosystem.
- About three fourths of all fish caught in the U.S. each year spent part of their lives in ____________.
- ______________ is the average weather pattern of a region over time.
- Each species has a different _________, or role in the community.
- __________ are areas in which water is near the surface of the soil most of the time.
5 True/False questions
Ecosystems → The living things in an area are parts of special systems called ___________.
Population → An attempt by organisms to obtain a resource that is available in limited supply.
Biotic Potential → Any living thing that is a part of an ecosystem is a __________.
Deciduous → ___________ means "tending to fall off during a particular season."
Parasitism → ________________ is a relationship in which an organism of one species benefits at the expense of another organism of another species (one is happy and one is sad).