5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- computer crimes
- Federal Sentencing Guidelines
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- a wrongs committed using a computer or with knowledge of computers.
- b fraudulently making or altering an instrument that apparently creates or alters a legal liability of another
- c federal law that makes it a felony to influence decision makers in other countries for the purpose of obtaining business
- d federal standards used by judges in determining mandatory sentence terms for those convicted of federal crimes
- e illegal demand by a public officer acting with apparent authority.
5 Multiple choice questions
- agreement between two or more persons to commit an unlawful act.
- constitutional protection against self-incrimination; also guarantees due process
- the U.S. constitutional amendment that guarantees a speedy trial.
- violation of the law that is punished as an offense against the state or government
- federal reforms passed as a result of the collapses of companies, provides for longer sentences and higher fines for both executives and companies
5 True/False questions
search warrant → judicial authorization for a search of property
Fourth Amendment → privacy protection that prohibits unauthorized searches and seizures
Economic Espionage Act (EEA) → agreement between two or more persons to commit an unlawful act.
uttering → illegal demand by a public officer acting with apparent authority.
Miranda warnings → judicial authorization for a search of property