5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act
- facilitation payments
- search warrant
- computer crimes
- a criminal offense that is punishable by confinement in prison for more than one year or by death
- b (grease payments) legal payments to speed up/ensure performance of normal government duties
- c federal law, initially targeting organized crime, provides penalties and civil recovery for multiple criminal offenses, or a pattern of racketeering
- d wrongs committed using a computer or with knowledge of computers.
- e judicial authorization for a search of property
5 Multiple choice questions
- constitutional protection against self-incrimination; also guarantees due process
- criminal offense with a sentence of less than one year that is neither treason nor a felony
- extortion demands made by a nonpublic official
- statutory offense consisting of the unlawful conversion of property entrusted to the wrongdoer.
- crime of issuing or delivering a forged instrument to another person
5 True/False questions
forgery → fraudulently making or altering an instrument that apparently creates or alters a legal liability of another
Federal Sentencing Guidelines → (grease payments) legal payments to speed up/ensure performance of normal government duties
extortion → crime of issuing or delivering a forged instrument to another person
Fourth Amendment → privacy protection that prohibits unauthorized searches and seizures
Sixth Amendment → the U.S. constitutional amendment that guarantees a speedy trial.