5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fifth Amendment
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Fourth Amendment
- a privacy protection that prohibits unauthorized searches and seizures
- b statutory offense consisting of the unlawful conversion of property entrusted to the wrongdoer.
- c federal law that makes it a felony to influence decision makers in other countries for the purpose of obtaining business
- d constitutional protection against self-incrimination; also guarantees due process
- e agreement between two or more persons to commit an unlawful act.
5 Multiple choice questions
- warnings required to prevent self-incrimination in a criminal matter
- federal reforms passed as a result of the collapses of companies, provides for longer sentences and higher fines for both executives and companies
- criminal offense that is punishable by confinement in prison for more than one year or by death
- fraudulently making or altering an instrument that apparently creates or alters a legal liability of another
- judicial authorization for a search of property
5 True/False questions
grease payments → statutory offense consisting of the unlawful conversion of property entrusted to the wrongdoer.
crime → violation of the law that is punished as an offense against the state or government
predicate act → qualifying underlying offense for RICO liability
Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act → federal law, initially targeting organized crime, provides penalties and civil recovery for multiple criminal offenses, or a pattern of racketeering
facilitation payments → (grease payments) legal payments to speed up/ensure performance of normal government duties