5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- grease payments
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act
- facilitation payments
- Sixth Amendment
- a federal law, initially targeting organized crime, provides penalties and civil recovery for multiple criminal offenses, or a pattern of racketeering
- b the U.S. constitutional amendment that guarantees a speedy trial.
- c criminal offense that is punishable by confinement in prison for more than one year or by death
- d (facilitation payments) legal payments to speed up or ensure performance of normal government duties
- e (grease payments) legal payments to speed up/ensure performance of normal government duties
5 Multiple choice questions
- statutory offense consisting of the unlawful conversion of property entrusted to the wrongdoer.
- violation of the law that is punished as an offense against the state or government
- crime of issuing or delivering a forged instrument to another person
- federal law that makes it a felony to influence decision makers in other countries for the purpose of obtaining business
- criminal offense with a sentence of less than one year that is neither treason nor a felony
5 True/False questions
predicate act → qualifying underlying offense for RICO liability
conspiracy → agreement between two or more persons to commit an unlawful act.
White-Collar Crime Penalty Enhancement Act of 2002 → federal reforms passed as a result of the collapses of companies, provides for longer sentences and higher fines for both executives and companies
Miranda warnings → judicial authorization for a search of property
due process → the constitutional right to be heard, question witnesses, and present evidence