5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sixth Amendment
- facilitation payments
- Fifth Amendment
- a (grease payments) legal payments to speed up/ensure performance of normal government duties
- b the U.S. constitutional amendment that guarantees a speedy trial.
- c illegal demand by a public officer acting with apparent authority.
- d constitutional protection against self-incrimination; also guarantees due process
- e fraudulently making or altering an instrument that apparently creates or alters a legal liability of another
5 Multiple choice questions
- criminal offense that is punishable by confinement in prison for more than one year or by death
- the constitutional right to be heard, question witnesses, and present evidence
- statutory offense consisting of the unlawful conversion of property entrusted to the wrongdoer.
- wrongs committed using a computer or with knowledge of computers.
- qualifying underlying offense for RICO liability
5 True/False questions
Federal Sentencing Guidelines → federal standards used by judges in determining mandatory sentence terms for those convicted of federal crimes
Economic Espionage Act (EEA) → qualifying underlying offense for RICO liability
uttering → crime of issuing or delivering a forged instrument to another person
blackmail → violation of the law that is punished as an offense against the state or government
Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act → federal law, initially targeting organized crime, provides penalties and civil recovery for multiple criminal offenses, or a pattern of racketeering