5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- White-Collar Crime Penalty Enhancement Act of 2002
- Sixth Amendment
- predicate act
- a fraudulently making or altering an instrument that apparently creates or alters a legal liability of another
- b agreement between two or more persons to commit an unlawful act.
- c qualifying underlying offense for RICO liability
- d the U.S. constitutional amendment that guarantees a speedy trial.
- e federal reforms passed as a result of the collapses of companies, provides for longer sentences and higher fines for both executives and companies
5 Multiple choice questions
- (facilitation payments) legal payments to speed up or ensure performance of normal government duties
- statutory offense consisting of the unlawful conversion of property entrusted to the wrongdoer.
- privacy protection that prohibits unauthorized searches and seizures
- extortion demands made by a nonpublic official
- the constitutional right to be heard, question witnesses, and present evidence
5 True/False questions
crime → crime of issuing or delivering a forged instrument to another person
Federal Sentencing Guidelines → federal standards used by judges in determining mandatory sentence terms for those convicted of federal crimes
Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act → federal law that makes it a felony to influence decision makers in other countries for the purpose of obtaining business
Miranda warnings → judicial authorization for a search of property
search warrant → judicial authorization for a search of property