5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- predicate act
- White-Collar Crime Penalty Enhancement Act of 2002
- Miranda warnings
- Sixth Amendment
- a qualifying underlying offense for RICO liability
- b warnings required to prevent self-incrimination in a criminal matter
- c the U.S. constitutional amendment that guarantees a speedy trial.
- d federal reforms passed as a result of the collapses of companies, provides for longer sentences and higher fines for both executives and companies
- e criminal offense with a sentence of less than one year that is neither treason nor a felony
5 Multiple choice questions
- (grease payments) legal payments to speed up/ensure performance of normal government duties
- the constitutional right to be heard, question witnesses, and present evidence
- agreement between two or more persons to commit an unlawful act.
- illegal demand by a public officer acting with apparent authority.
- privacy protection that prohibits unauthorized searches and seizures
5 True/False questions
Federal Sentencing Guidelines → federal standards used by judges in determining mandatory sentence terms for those convicted of federal crimes
uttering → crime of issuing or delivering a forged instrument to another person
crime → fraudulently making or altering an instrument that apparently creates or alters a legal liability of another
embezzlement → criminal offense with a sentence of less than one year that is neither treason nor a felony
search warrant → (facilitation payments) legal payments to speed up or ensure performance of normal government duties