5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does theotokos mean?
- During the 4th and 5th century attacks on the church were mostly?..
- What freedoms did Christians have after the persecutions ended?
- What was declared at the council of Ephesus?
- What was the book St. Augustine wrote about the story of his search and discovery of Christ?
- a 1. They were free to speak about their faith
2. They could travel for ecumenical councils
- b Internal
- c Mother of God (Greek)
- d Mary was the mother of God
- e Confessions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Church Fathers
- Arian heresy
- Same substance
5 True/False questions
Who were the 5 Latin church fathers? → 1. St. Athanasius
2. St. Basil the Great
3. St. Gregory of Nyssa
4. St. Gregory of Nazianzus
5. St. John Chrysostom
What was the decision of the Council of Nicaea? → Mary was the mother of God
How many councils have there been overall? → 21
Who was a lawyer, governor, catechumen, and was asked to become bishop of Milan before he was baptized? → Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
When a temporal ruler extends his powers to ecclesiastical and theological matters → Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.