5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was a lawyer, governor, catechumen, and was asked to become bishop of Milan before he was baptized?
- What was declared at the Council of Chalcedon and who called it?
- What was the Council of Ephesus called in response to?
- What was the book St. Augustine wrote about the story of his search and discovery of Christ?
- How many doctors of the Church are there?
- a Confessions
- b It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
- c St. Ambrose
- d 33
- e Nestorianism
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. St. Ambrose of Milan
2. St. Augustine of Hippo
3. Pope St. Gregory the Great
4. St. Jerome
5. St. Hilary of Poitiers
- 1. St. Athanasius
2. St. Basil the Great
3. St. Gregory of Nyssa
4. St. Gregory of Nazianzus
5. St. John Chrysostom
- God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature
5 True/False questions
How many councils have there been overall? → 21
Who are the 3 female doctors of the church? → St. Catherine of Siena, St. Teresa of Avila, and St. Therese of Lisieux
When a temporal ruler extends his powers to ecclesiastical and theological matters → Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
What did most early heresies have to deal with? → Arius, a priest from Alexandria
What was declared at the council of Ephesus? → God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature