5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the decision of the Council of Nicaea?
- During the 2nd and 3rd century attacks on the church were mostly?..
- What was taught in the Arian heresy?
- What was the greatest heresy in the early church?
- Who was a lawyer, governor, catechumen, and was asked to become bishop of Milan before he was baptized?
- a God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature
- b Arian heresy
- c St. Ambrose
- d External
- e Jesus is greater than all people, but less than God because of his humanity
5 Multiple choice questions
- Alexandria and Antioch
5 True/False questions
Later than Apostolic Fathers but still in the early church → Church Fathers
When a temporal ruler extends his powers to ecclesiastical and theological matters → Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
Who called the council of Nicaea? → Nicene Creed
What was the first council called and when was it called? → It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
Who were the 5 Latin church fathers? → 1. St. Athanasius
2. St. Basil the Great
3. St. Gregory of Nyssa
4. St. Gregory of Nazianzus
5. St. John Chrysostom