5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many councils have there been overall?
- How many doctors of the Church are there?
- What was the decision of the Council of Nicaea?
- What was the book St. Augustine wrote about the story of his search and discovery of Christ?
- What was the greatest heresy in the early church?
- a Arian heresy
- b 21
- c Confessions
- d God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature
- e 33
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. St. Athanasius
2. St. Basil the Great
3. St. Gregory of Nyssa
4. St. Gregory of Nazianzus
5. St. John Chrysostom
- Mother of God (Greek)
- St. Catherine of Siena, St. Teresa of Avila, and St. Therese of Lisieux
- Church Fathers
5 True/False questions
Who was the Arian heresy started by? → 1. St. Ambrose of Milan
2. St. Augustine of Hippo
3. Pope St. Gregory the Great
4. St. Jerome
5. St. Hilary of Poitiers
Who was a lawyer, governor, catechumen, and was asked to become bishop of Milan before he was baptized? → Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
What was declared at the Council of Chalcedon and who called it? → It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
What did most early heresies have to deal with? → The person of Christ
During the 2nd and 3rd century attacks on the church were mostly?.. → Internal