5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did most early heresies have to deal with?
- What does theotokos mean?
- What were the two centers of learning during the early church?
- What was the decision of the Council of Nicaea?
- Title given to those whose development of theology and personal sanctity are exemplary
- a Mother of God (Greek)
- b Alexandria and Antioch
- c Doctor of the Church
- d God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature
- e The person of Christ
5 Multiple choice questions
- Arius, a priest from Alexandria
- It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
- Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
5 True/False questions
What was the Council of Ephesus called in response to? → God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature
Who was St. Augustine's mother? → Monica
What else did the Council of Nicaea produce? → Nicene Creed
What freedoms did Christians have after the persecutions ended? → 1. They were free to speak about their faith
2. They could travel for ecumenical councils
What was the book St. Augustine wrote about the story of his search and discovery of Christ? → God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature