5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Title given to those whose development of theology and personal sanctity are exemplary
- What does theotokos mean?
- What does homoousios mean?
- What freedoms did Christians have after the persecutions ended?
- Who was a lawyer, governor, catechumen, and was asked to become bishop of Milan before he was baptized?
- a Mother of God (Greek)
- b Same substance
- c Doctor of the Church
- d St. Ambrose
- e 1. They were free to speak about their faith
2. They could travel for ecumenical councils
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. St. Athanasius
2. St. Basil the Great
3. St. Gregory of Nyssa
4. St. Gregory of Nazianzus
5. St. John Chrysostom
- Arian heresy
5 True/False questions
Who were the 5 Latin church fathers? → 1. St. Ambrose of Milan
2. St. Augustine of Hippo
3. Pope St. Gregory the Great
4. St. Jerome
5. St. Hilary of Poitiers
What was the first council called and when was it called? → Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
During the 2nd and 3rd century attacks on the church were mostly?.. → Internal
What were the two centers of learning during the early church? → Alexandria and Antioch
What was taught in the Arian heresy? → Arius, a priest from Alexandria