5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Later than Apostolic Fathers but still in the early church
- Who was the Arian heresy started by?
- What was the greatest heresy in the early church?
- Who called the council of Nicaea?
- What was declared at the council of Ephesus?
- a Constantine
- b Church Fathers
- c Arius, a priest from Alexandria
- d Mary was the mother of God
- e Arian heresy
5 Multiple choice questions
- Jesus is greater than all people, but less than God because of his humanity
- Same substance
- St. Ambrose
5 True/False questions
What was declared at the Council of Chalcedon and who called it? → It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
What were the two centers of learning during the early church? → Alexandria and Antioch
What was the first council called and when was it called? → It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
What freedoms did Christians have after the persecutions ended? → God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature
What did most early heresies have to deal with? → Arius, a priest from Alexandria