Vocabulary from Classical Roots - Book A - Lesson 1 & 2 (Words Only)
Terms in this set (23)
A set of three literary or dramatic works related in subject or theme
To divide into three parts
A group of three; especially in authority
1. A quarter of the circumference of a circle or of its circumference (mathmatics)
2. An early machine for measuring altitudes
3. Any of the four parts of an area divided by perpendicular lines.
1. A musical composition for four voices or instruments
2. A set of four, especially of four musicians
A stanza or group of four lines of poetry
1. To kill one out of ten
2. To destroy or kill a large part of
an athletic contest in which each contestant takes part in ten events
A two-hundredth anniversary
Pertaining to a 100-year period
Referring to a thermometer scale of 100 degrees where water freezes at 0 degrees and boils at 100 degrees
A long speech made by one performer or by one person in a group.
1. A person who rules a kingdom or empire; a king or queen, emperor or empress.
2. large black and orange American butterfly.
A design composed of letters, usually the letter of a name.
1. Exclusive control of the trade in some item or purpose.
2. Sole ownership or control of anything.
1. A large block of stone
2. A large organization that acts as a single unit.
Being in complete agreement
1. One sided
2. Done by or affecting one person, group,or country, etc., and not another
A dwelling with two living units
1. To make an identical copy or to repeat
2. Double of something
1. Having two sides
2. Made between two persons or groups
Involving two political parties
To divide into two equal parts
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Classical Roots Book A Lessons 1+2 Vocab
Vocab Lesson 1/2
Lesson 1 and 2 Vocab Review
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Caesar's English Book 1, Lesson 9
Wordly Wise Book 8 Lesson 1 & 2
WordMasters Gr 5 Gold all - 2013-14
WordMasters Gr 5 Gold- List 1- 2013-14
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Vocabulary from Classical Roots - Book A - Lessons 3 & 4
VOCAB Classical Roots book A lessons 13-14
Vocabulary from Classical Roots, Book A, Lesson 1
Vocabulary From Classical Roots: Book A, Lessons 7 & 8