Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Administrative Procedures & Protocols
Terms in this set (15)
What are 3 ways to modify the construction contract?
- Change Order
- Construction Change Directive
- Minor Change in the Work
What questions should you ask in order to identify a type of modification to the construction contract?
- What is the change?
- Does the change effect contract sum or project schedule?
Which construction contract modification does not effect the contract sum or project schedule?
- Minor change in the work
How is a minor change in the work documented?
- A minor change in the work is documented in the form of an ASI (architect's supplemental instructions)
Construction Change Directive
- Construction change directive will effect contract sum and project schedule.
- It is created and signed by the architect and owner (without input from the contractor).
- Typically used when one or more party does not agree with a change. Used to keep project moving, responsibilities and faults can be disputed during or after project completion.
- Once all differences are resolved and all parties have signed in agreement, the document becomes (is recorded as) a change order.
- Change order will effect contract sum and project schedule
- It is created and signed by all three parties (architect, owner, and contractor).
What are 5 steps for responding to an RFI?
- Assess validity (what is proper format for the response?)
- Distribute to reviewer
- Review information (response consistent with design intent)
- Submit and catalog final response
True/False: The Schedule of Values (SOV) cannot be revised after the contract is signed?
What are two main categories of submittals?
- Action submittal
- Informational submittal
- Require review by the architect
- Do not require action by the architect
What are the first two steps when reviewing a submittal?
- First check if the contractor has reviewed the submittal
- Then review if the submittal is required
Which division of a CSI MasterFormat specification can the following be found?
- General commissioning requirements
- Management of construction waste
- Substitution procedures
- Division 01
What document accompanies the application for payment when it is sent to the architect for review?
- Lien waiver (indicates the contractor and sub have been paid to date. This prevents a contractor or sub from filing a lien against the owners property
- Continuation Sheet (breakdown of all the costs for the Application for payment)
Sets found in the same folder
Project Closeout & Evaluation
CE Exam Review
Other sets by this creator
PjM Exam Review
Contracts and Risk - PjM