5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The magnitude (amount) of friction is proportional (increases / decreases as the other increases / decreases) to the what acting on the system?
- Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
- Friction depends on the kind of what in contact?
- What is a contact force that opposes the movement of objects past each other?
- Newton's second law is the law of accelerated motion, what does this law state and what is the formula that goes along with the law?
5 True/False questions
F = net force, m = mass, a = acceleration → Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
Moving past each other → There is greater friction between two stationary (still) objects than when they are what?
Opposite direction → The friction vector acts in what direction with respect to the system's motion?
Mechanical equilibrium → When the net force on a system is zero there is no motion and the system is said to be in a state of what?
For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction → In the formula for accelerated motion, what do the variables mean and what are the units for each variable?