5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- There is greater friction between two stationary (still) objects than when they are what?
- Friction depends on the kind of what in contact?
- What is a contact force that opposes the movement of objects past each other?
- Friction always occurs between systems in what?
- Newton's first law of motion is known as the law of inertia, what does this law state?
5 True/False questions
Newton, Galileo → Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
Perpendicular to the surface → The magnitude (amount) of friction is proportional (increases / decreases as the other increases / decreases) to the what acting on the system?
For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction → In the formula for accelerated motion, what do the variables mean and what are the units for each variable?
inertia → What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?
F = net force, m = mass, a = acceleration → In the formula for accelerated motion, what do the variables mean and what are the units for each variable?