5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?
- The magnitude (amount) of friction is proportional (increases / decreases as the other increases / decreases) to the what acting on the system?
- Newton's first law of motion is known as the law of inertia, what does this law state?
- In the formula for accelerated motion, what do the variables mean and what are the units for each variable?
- The friction vector acts in what direction with respect to the system's motion?
5 True/False questions
Contact → Friction always occurs between systems in what?
Friction → What is a contact force that opposes the movement of objects past each other?
The acceleration of a system is directly proportional to the force and inversely proportional to the mass, F = ma → Newton's second law is the law of accelerated motion, what does this law state and what is the formula that goes along with the law?
For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction → Newton's third law is the law of action-reaction, what does this law state?
Newton, Galileo → What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?