5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Newton's second law is the law of accelerated motion, what does this law state and what is the formula that goes along with the law?
- There is greater friction between two stationary (still) objects than when they are what?
- Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
- List and explain the four types of friction.
- Friction depends on the kind of what in contact?
5 True/False questions
Objects at rest tend to remain at rest and objects in motion tend to remain in motion unless acted upon by a force → Newton's third law is the law of action-reaction, what does this law state?
For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction → In the formula for accelerated motion, what do the variables mean and what are the units for each variable?
Mechanical equilibrium → When the net force on a system is zero there is no motion and the system is said to be in a state of what?
inertia → What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?
Opposite direction → What is a contact force that opposes the movement of objects past each other?