5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?
- In the formula for accelerated motion, what do the variables mean and what are the units for each variable?
- The magnitude (amount) of friction is proportional (increases / decreases as the other increases / decreases) to the what acting on the system?
- Newton's second law is the law of accelerated motion, what does this law state and what is the formula that goes along with the law?
- Friction depends on the kind of what in contact?
5 True/False questions
Contact → What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?
Static (between stationary objects), kinetic (sliding objects), rolling (rolling object and stationary surface), fluid (moving object immersed in a fluid) → List and explain the four types of friction.
Opposite direction → What is a contact force that opposes the movement of objects past each other?
Newton, Galileo → Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
Objects at rest tend to remain at rest and objects in motion tend to remain in motion unless acted upon by a force → Newton's first law of motion is known as the law of inertia, what does this law state?