5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Newton's second law is the law of accelerated motion, what does this law state and what is the formula that goes along with the law?
- What is a contact force that opposes the movement of objects past each other?
- In what direction is the "normal" force on a system?
- Friction always occurs between systems in what?
- Newton's third law is the law of action-reaction, what does this law state?
5 True/False questions
Materials → What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?
Opposite direction → The friction vector acts in what direction with respect to the system's motion?
Mechanical equilibrium → Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
inertia → What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?
Static (between stationary objects), kinetic (sliding objects), rolling (rolling object and stationary surface), fluid (moving object immersed in a fluid) → List and explain the four types of friction.