5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Paschal Mystery
- a merciful
- b Having to do with the branch of theology called Christiology. Christiology is the study of the person and life of Jesus Christ, his ministry and his mission
- c to introduce, establish or inugurate
- d The work of salvation accomplished by Jesus Christ mainly through his Passion, death, Resurrection, and Ascension
- e A greek title for Mary meaning "God bearer"
5 Multiple choice questions
- a government or a state headed by a single person, like a king or a queen. as a biblical term it refers to the period of time when the Israelites exsisted as an independent nation.
- a herbrew word meaning "law" referring ot the first five books of the old testament
- also called the Mass or Lord's SUpper and based on a word for "thanksgiving" it is the central Chrisitian liturgical celebration, established by Jesus at the Last Supper. In the Eucharist the sacificial death and Resurrection of Jesus are both remembered and renewed. The term sometimes refers specifically to the consecrated bread and wine that have become the Body and Blood of Christ.
- The first announcement of the Good News and promose of God's redemptive love through the person of Jesus Christ
- The event in which the archangel Gabriel came to Mary to announce that she had found favor with God and would become the mother of the Messiah
5 True/False questions
polytheism → The belief in many gods
Immaculate Conception → From the Latin, meaning "to become flesh" reffering to the biblical Revelation that Jesus is both true God and true man
foreshadow → To represent or prefigure a person before his or her life or an event before it occurs
theopany → A greek title for Mary meaning "God bearer"
Ark of the Covenant → A sacred chest that housed the tablets of the 10 commandments. It was placed within the sanctuary where God would come and dwell.