5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ark of the Covenant
- a to introduce, establish or inugurate
- b The belief in many gods
- c A sacred chest that housed the tablets of the 10 commandments. It was placed within the sanctuary where God would come and dwell.
- d From the Latin "redemptio" meaning "a buying back" to redeem something is to pay the price for its freedom. In the Old Testament it refers to Yahwehs deliverance of Israel and, in the New Testament to Christs deliverance of all Christians from the forces of sin. Christ our Redeemer paid the price to free us from the slavery of sin and bring about our redemption.
- e also called the Mass or Lord's SUpper and based on a word for "thanksgiving" it is the central Chrisitian liturgical celebration, established by Jesus at the Last Supper. In the Eucharist the sacificial death and Resurrection of Jesus are both remembered and renewed. The term sometimes refers specifically to the consecrated bread and wine that have become the Body and Blood of Christ.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The culmination or goal of God's plan of salvation, the Kingdom of God is announced by the Gospel and present in Jesus Christ. The Kingdom is the reign or rule of God over the hearts of people and as a consequence of that, the developement of a new social order based on unconditional love. The fullness of God's kingdom will not be realized until the end of time. Also called the Reign of God or the Kingdom of Heaven.
- From the Latin, meaning "to become flesh" reffering to the biblical Revelation that Jesus is both true God and true man
- To represent or prefigure a person before his or her life or an event before it occurs
- The act, required by Jewish law, of removing the foreskin of the penis. Since the time of Abraham, it has been a sign of God's Covenant relationship with the Jewish people.
- A greek title for Mary meaning "God bearer"
5 True/False questions
fratricide → to introduce, establish or inugurate
legalistic → The act of atoning for sin or wrongdoing
Passover → The night the Lord passed over the houses of the Israelites marked by the blood of the lamb, and spared the firstborn sons from death. It is also the feast that celebrates the deliverance of the Chosen People from bondage in Egpyt and the Exodus from Egypt to the Promise Land.
Paschal Mystery → The work of salvation accomplished by Jesus Christ mainly through his Passion, death, Resurrection, and Ascension
Torah → God's breaking into the human dimension so an individual's and community's understanding of God is deepened or changed