5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Paschal Mystery
- Kingdom of God
- a The culmination or goal of God's plan of salvation, the Kingdom of God is announced by the Gospel and present in Jesus Christ. The Kingdom is the reign or rule of God over the hearts of people and as a consequence of that, the developement of a new social order based on unconditional love. The fullness of God's kingdom will not be realized until the end of time. Also called the Reign of God or the Kingdom of Heaven.
- b A greek title for Mary meaning "God bearer"
- c The work of salvation accomplished by Jesus Christ mainly through his Passion, death, Resurrection, and Ascension
- d To represent or prefigure a person before his or her life or an event before it occurs
- e Having to do with the branch of theology called Christiology. Christiology is the study of the person and life of Jesus Christ, his ministry and his mission
5 Multiple choice questions
- a government or a state headed by a single person, like a king or a queen. as a biblical term it refers to the period of time when the Israelites exsisted as an independent nation.
- The first announcement of the Good News and promose of God's redemptive love through the person of Jesus Christ
- God's breaking into the human dimension so an individual's and community's understanding of God is deepened or changed
- The act, required by Jewish law, of removing the foreskin of the penis. Since the time of Abraham, it has been a sign of God's Covenant relationship with the Jewish people.
5 True/False questions
Immaculate Conception → From the Latin, meaning "to become flesh" reffering to the biblical Revelation that Jesus is both true God and true man
expiation → The act of atoning for sin or wrongdoing
redemption → From the Latin "redemptio" meaning "a buying back" to redeem something is to pay the price for its freedom. In the Old Testament it refers to Yahwehs deliverance of Israel and, in the New Testament to Christs deliverance of all Christians from the forces of sin. Christ our Redeemer paid the price to free us from the slavery of sin and bring about our redemption.
Ark of the Covenant → A sacred chest that housed the tablets of the 10 commandments. It was placed within the sanctuary where God would come and dwell.
Torah → God's breaking into the human dimension so an individual's and community's understanding of God is deepened or changed