Enrique y Maria
Terms in this set (29)
1. Is the president of the club
2. Receives an email from a person in Malaga with a list of emails and names of people who want to correspond with him and his school members
3. President of the Adventures Club
Boy Who Emailed Enrique
1. Lives in Malaga, near the Mediterranean
2. Emailed Enrique a list of names and emails of people from his school who want to correspond with people from his school
1. Emails Fernando Castillo
2. First emailed him on December 3rd
3. Is 17 years old
4. The treasurer of the club
5. Studies: physics, algebra, spanish, english and history of South America
6. Goes to Glenview Highschool
7. Read a Michael Cervantes book
1. Spanish teacher who is very good according to Maria
2. Edits all of the students emails before they send them to the Spanish speaking students
1. Is 17 years old
2. Has two brothers but is the oldest
3. Lives in Andalucia, Malaga, which is very beautiful
4. Is athletic and plays tennis, golf and swims.
5. Responds on December 4th
6. He is a senior in High School
7. His house is small but cozy
8. English is very hard for him
9. He likes American films but prefers French ones.
Enrique's Birthday (Enrique)
1. Is turning 18
2. His favorite color is red
3. Receives a motorcycle from his parents
4. Receives books, t-shirts and posters for his birthday
Enrique's Birthday (Maria)
1. Bought red food and supplies for his party
2. Her and her family are throwing him a surprise party.
3. Bought him a black jacket for his birthday.
Maria in Juarez
1. Went to Juarez during their day of independence
2. Said there was a program in town where people read poems and sung songs
1. Mexico gained its independence on September 16th
Grito de Dolores
1. Father Hidalgo was remembered on this day --> he cried.
2. When the won the revolution and won independence from Spain.
Cinco de Mayo
1. May 5th
2. When the won independence from France
3. Battle took place in Puebla, Mexico.
Maria (Learning Outside of School)
1. Says she wants to learn Spanish outside of school on another level
2. One afternoon, she goes to Professor Scott's office
Professor Scott (Learning Outside of School)
1. Says that there are summer programs in which Maria could live on a campus in Spain or somewhere, and actually learn the language and speak Spanish daily.
2. However, not everyone can travel.
3. She said there are programs like this in the city or other courses.
4. It is also good to read magazines and listen to the radio in Spanish.
Maria (At the Movies)
1. First time Maria and Enrique went to the movies alone, they are usually with their friends.
2. She is very generous and always pays.
3. Sat in the pantalla (not too close to the screen and not too far away)
Enrique (At the Movies)
1. Really enjoyed going to the movies
2. Likes going with Maria because she is very generous
3. First time Maria and Enrique went to the movies alone, they are usually with their friends.
4. Sat in the pantalla (not too close to the screen and not too far away)
How many people in their club has gone to the border?
1. Went to El Paso, Texas with his family last year.
2. When they were there, they went to the border a few times and to the city of Juarez.
1. A very interesting and antique city.
2. There are lots of Catholic Church's
3. It was first named El Paso de Norte then changed it to Juarez to honor their president Benito Juarez who helped free them from France.
4.Has bridges and roads that connect Mexico to the US.
1. Serve as commercial centers
2. Browsville, PiedrasNegras, Eagle Pass
3. All the cities are general but have the same layouts.
4. They have outdoor markets where you can buy things
5. Also lots of indoor stores.
1. A history specialist on the US
2. Came to talk about US heritage
3. A lot of our names of cities and states come from Spanish
4. Mexico used to occupy lots of states
5. Spanish speaking places have lots of priests and church's
1. Freed from France's rule
2. Governor of America bought Florida from the Spanish
3. The Spanish were the first to colonize here after England.
Cities and States that have Spanish Origin
1. Los Angelas
6. Santa Fe
Words from Spanish
Direcciones de Email