5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Principle 19
- Principle 28
- Principle 15
- Principle 17
- Principle 18
- a The unalienable rights of the people are most likely to be preserved if the principles of government are set forth in a written constitution.
- b Only limited and carefully defined powers should be delegated to government, all others being retained in the people.
- c The United States has a manifest destiny to be an example and a blessing to the entire human race.
- d A system of checks and balances should be adopted to prevent the abuse of power.
- e The highest level of prosperity occurs when there is a free market economy and a minimum of government regulations.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The proper role of government is to protect equal rights, not provide equal things.
- The government should be separated into three branches: legislative, executive and judicial.
- The majority of the people may alter or abolish a government which has become tyrannical.
- The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest
- A free people will not survive unless they stay strong
5 True/False questions
Principle 22 → Efficiency and dispatch require government to operate according to the will of the majority, but constitutional provisions must be made to protect the rights of the minority
Principle 5 → To protect man's rights, God has revealed certain principles of divine law.
Principle 2 → A free people cannot survive under a republican constitution unless they remain virtuous and morally strong
Principle 9 → Without religion the government of a free people cannot be maintained
Principle 26 → The core unit which determines the strength of any society is the family; therefore, the government should foster and protect its integrity