How can we help?
You can also find more resources in our
Select a category
Something is confusing
Something is broken
I have a suggestion
What is your email?
What is 1 + 3?
CH.3 VOCAB CIVICS HONORS
Mrs. Charles test on Monday
Constitution is the "Law of the Land"
Thir part of the Constitution that contains the bill of rights
someone who writes a new law or plan
power to the people
decribes the relationship between the government and the people
Seperation of Powers
The three branches of government
Checks and Balances
The duties that each branch is in charge of and must overlook
Gives power to the couts
when the president refuses to sign a bill
specific powers for Congress
the proceeding whereby a foreigner is granted citizenship
allowsCongress to stretch the use of its powers
area of the law that the Federal courts may hear cases about
when a party from a lawsuit request further hearing
When the president signs an "informal document" to end a war rather than a treaty for Congress
when people in the judiciary branch claim that cases against the constitution claim things that the constitution never meant.
1. Describes the legislative Branch, its duties, powers and qualification
2. The duties powers and qualifications for president and vice president also the Process for voting for these positions
3. Creates the Supreme Court
4. Explains the relationship among the states and their relationship with the
5. The process for amending or changing the constitution
6. The "Supremacy Clause"—Constitution is the law of the land
7. Process for ratifying or formally approving the Constitution