5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Golden Age in Spain
- Restoration tragedy
- a (1550-1650) Religious dramas- autos sacramentales
Auto =one act play
Performed during Corpus Christi festival
Combined elements of medieval, morality and mystery plays.
- b Follows neoclassical rules
- c a (usually long) dramatic speech by a single actor
- d Prose: shows lower status (mechanicals in midsummer nights dream). refers to ordinary speech with no regular pattern of accentual rhythm. Lines of text do not all have the same number of syllables nor is there any discernible pattern of stresses.
- e area in front of proscenium arch was equal in size to the stage behind the arch
5 Multiple choice questions
- Henrik Ibsen
- zanni servant
- Theater Royal
Lincoln's Fields Inn
Dorset Garden Theater
- yearly performances dedicated to one actor who would keep all the profits
5 True/False questions
Theater Prices in 17th and 18th century → pit- raked with benches- mid priced seats
Boxes- expensive seats
galleries- cheapest seats
Joruri → Japanese puppet plays, needed three people to operate.
The Importance of Being Ernest → Oscar Wilde (1895)
Elizabethan Actors (examples) → Actors had to have a wide range and a variety of skills.
Had a repertoire of roles they could pull from.
Verse → elevated language