5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Famous Actresses 17th and 18th century
- Ground Plan
- Couples in Midsummer Nights Dream
- a Director and designer work out the play's environment, noting doorways, windows, steps, levels, walls, and furniture.
Outlined in tape on the rehearsal hall floor so the actors can visualize the environment in rehearsals.
- b Japanese writer who wrote emotional plays about the middle class. Suicide plays. They were banned though.
- c Nell Gwynn: flower seller, Mistress of Charles II, very funny. Very popular in her day.
Elizabeth Barry: stoic
Anne : never got married
- d a man with an unfaithful wife.
- e Lysander and Hermia
Helena and Demetrius
Theseus and Hippolyta
Titania and Oberon
5 Multiple choice questions
- miserly old man
- Relied on dance more than western drama
total theater= an integration of acting, mime, dance, music, text
- Follows neoclassical rules
- elevated language
- extraordinary characters who undertook extraordinary deeds. Themes of love and honor and lots of death.
5 True/False questions
The Importance of Being Ernest → Oscar Wilde (1895)
Neoclassical Writers → an attempt to revive and emulate classical attitudes towards art based on
Shakespeare Plays → Owned part of his company
Lord Chamberlain's Men - during Queen Elizabeth's reign
King's Men -during King James reign
First Actress → 1660
Benefits → yearly performances dedicated to one actor who would keep all the profits