5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sebastiano Serlio
- English stage 17th and 18 century
- Moliere influenced by
- Asian Theatre
- Director's responsibilities
- a Relied on dance more than western drama
total theater= an integration of acting, mime, dance, music, text
- b Italian designer
- c Plautus
- d 1.Agreeing to direct an offered script or selecting or creating a script.
2.Deciding on the text's interpretation and the "look" and configuration of the stage space. The "spine" of the play.
3.Casting actors in various parts.
4. Working with other theatre artists to plan and execute the production.
5. Rehearsing the actors.
6. Coordinating all elements into the final stage performance.
- e Long and narrow
Artificial lighting (candles)
Theaters were open year round
5 Multiple choice questions
- Between 14 and 15 centuries Italian drama began to replace religious, mystery and morality plays with secular drama.
- elevated language
- exaggerated improbable situations( The Three Stooges)
- Pierre Cornell-Le Cid
Jean Racine- Phaedra
- Prose: shows lower status (mechanicals in midsummer nights dream). refers to ordinary speech with no regular pattern of accentual rhythm. Lines of text do not all have the same number of syllables nor is there any discernible pattern of stresses.
5 True/False questions
The Importance of Being Ernest → Oscar Wilde (1895)
Benefits → yearly performances dedicated to one actor who would keep all the profits
Proscenium arch → Prose: shows lower status (mechanicals in midsummer nights dream). refers to ordinary speech with no regular pattern of accentual rhythm. Lines of text do not all have the same number of syllables nor is there any discernible pattern of stresses.
Costume Designer → Help set the tone and style of the production
Establishing Locale and Period
Providing a Central Image or Metaphor
Coordinating Scenery with a Whole
Solving Practical Design Problems
Monologue → miserly old man