5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Silk Road
- hieratic script
- a uses same principles as hieroglyphics but less complex used in everyday life, business transactions, and record keeping
- b Network of roads through central Asia where silk and other luxury items were traded. Most trade was carried by nomadic merchants. Ideas were also traded.
- c most important ruler of the Babylonian empire responsible for codification of law
- d rectangular structures with flat roofs which served as tombs for the pharaohs noble officials
- e people from Europe. aka. Hittites or Aryans
5 Multiple choice questions
- Buddhism release from human life and its problems
- A group of people who believed in Judaism.
- migrated into Mesopotamia 4000 BCE created 1st civilization organized area into city-states
- Confucian philosophy. Vital supplement to formal measures on government's part.
- Societies distinguished by reliance on agriculture ability to produce food surpluses and existence of people specializing in other trades
5 True/False questions
Mesopotamia → means between the rivers 1st civilization developed in the plain of the Tigris and Euphrates river valley
Ashoka → grandson of Chandragupta Maurya; completed conquests of Indian subcontinent converted to Buddhism and sponsered spread of new religion throughout his entire empire
Sutras → buddha's teaching
Veneration of ancestors → The divine source for political legitimacy of Chinese rulers. Established by Zhou to justify overthrow of Shang
Daoism (Taoism) → Philosophy associated with Laozi. Stressed need for alignment with Dao or cosmic force