5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Babylonian Empire
- Tigris and Euphrates Rivers
- Zhou dynasty
- a clusters of caste groups in Aryan society, Brahmans, warriors, merchants, peasants and untouchables
- b Originally a vassal family of Shang China; possibly Turkic in origin. Overthrew Shang and established second historical Chinese dynasty.
- c Unified of all of Mesopotamia c. 1800 BCE collapsed due to foreign invasion 1600 BCE conquered Akkadians
- d family of rulers
- e 2 rivers located in Mesopotamia
5 Multiple choice questions
- The divine source for political legitimacy of Chinese rulers. Established by Zhou to justify overthrow of Shang
- World's oldest writings, part of the Hindu holy books, first passed down orally and then written in sanskrit
- Government ruled by an upper class
- process of slow drying a dead body to prevent it from rotting
5 True/False questions
guru → spiritual master, served as teachers for the princes, Brahman
Great Pyramid → A natural barrier protecting Egypt. Waterfall
Nirvana → Indo-European nomadic pastoralists who replaced Harappan civilization; militrized society
Monotheism → Political government. During Qin and early Han period. Disdained Cunfucian virtues in favor of a state ruled by force, Human nature was evil and required restraint and discipline.
Shang dynasty → Originally a vassal family of Shang China; possibly Turkic in origin. Overthrew Shang and established second historical Chinese dynasty.