5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Utopian roots: utopia
- Historical Materialism: Revolutionary Action
- Criticism of Democratic Socialism
- democratic socialism
- a all people share equally in controlling the production and exchange of things of economic and social value. FREEDOM & JUSTICE. Public ownership of property/means of production. Focused on proletariat.
- b -too much power: enemy of LIBERTY
-gov limitations: private enterprise: destroy freedom
-enterprise deteriorate: crushes incentive
-kills capitalism: cannot coexist
-must destroy cap: bourgeoisie
- c Politically: popular constitutional rules and rights
Economically: cooperate ownership: give workers power and say.
Socially: opportunity to fulfill potential.
- d the perfect political social order and the ideal of social justice.
- e change/permanent
(2) revol. dictatorship of pro.
Material conditions necessary
5 Multiple choice questions
- "From each according to his ability; to each according to his needs" (prosper individually/economically)
- contradictions that generate change
(1) exploited workers: overthrow exploiters
(2) operates in faulty way: catastrophic depressions
- major societal change arising from the clash of two opposing ideas, forces or social contractions.
- oppressed workers, the class of modern wage laborers.
- Master Revolutionary Strategist and Tactician
-politically, autocratic, economically backward state
-revolutionary interpretation of Marx
-one party state, conspiratorial and dictatorship
-violent revolution-smashed bourgeoisie
5 True/False questions
V.I LENIN: democratic centralism → -Global economy: political/economic inequalities btw ppl (and nations)
-EQUALITY: address inequalities of wealth
-middle ground: capitalism/communism
-freedom and economic well being come together
The ideals of communism: dictatorship of the proletariat → rule, which may sometimes be coercive, by the over-whelming majority of workers in their own self-interest.
welfare state → Master Theoretician
the principle due to historical development lay in the material forces- economic forces
Evolutionary, open and democratic
Marxist roots → "From each according to his ability; to each according to his needs" (prosper individually/economically)
egalitarian → a belief in human equality, especially as it relates to social, political and economic right and privileges- as a political goal "human equality"