5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Historical Materialism: Revolutionary Action
- Utopian roots: Utopian socialist
- Socialist motto:
- The ideals of communism: dictatorship of the proletariat
- V.I LENIN: democratic centralism
- a called for intraparty democracy at the top level of leadership and subordination of the lower levels of the party of that elite.
- b change/permanent
(2) revol. dictatorship of pro.
Material conditions necessary
- c "From each according to his ability; to each according to his work". Goods would continue to be distributed according to the amount each person did.
- d rule, which may sometimes be coercive, by the over-whelming majority of workers in their own self-interest.
- e (19th century appearance) stressed cooperation and underscored the possibilities of using education to change the social/economic environment.
5 Multiple choice questions
- -too much power: enemy of LIBERTY
-gov limitations: private enterprise: destroy freedom
-enterprise deteriorate: crushes incentive
-kills capitalism: cannot coexist
-must destroy cap: bourgeoisie
- a belief in human equality, especially as it relates to social, political and economic right and privileges- as a political goal "human equality"
- oppressed workers, the class of modern wage laborers.
- "From each according to his ability; to each according to his needs" (prosper individually/economically)
- Politically: popular constitutional rules and rights
Economically: cooperate ownership: give workers power and say.
Socially: opportunity to fulfill potential.
5 True/False questions
bourgeoisie → social class composed of modern capitalists, owners of means of social production and employers of wage labor.
The ideals of communism: materialism → is the belief that a society's economic structure-mode of production, constitutes the foundation upon which that society's superstructure of law, politics, ethics, religion, philosophy, ideology and art are built.
Utopian roots: utopia → the perfect political social order and the ideal of social justice.
Historical Materialism → contradictions that generate change
(1) exploited workers: overthrow exploiters
(2) operates in faulty way: catastrophic depressions
communism → all people share equally in controlling the production and exchange of things of economic and social value. FREEDOM & JUSTICE. Public ownership of property/means of production. Focused on proletariat.