Create an account
- using the benefits of social networking to inter act with peers, faculty, and support service toward the purpose of improving academic performance.
-Learning new words
- learning new vocabulary and understanding the definition.,
- The analyze of the instructor's assignment and the author's purpose with a set goal and strategies.
- before reading analyze or preview instructors assignment/syllabus and set a purpose select goals and strategies pull in background knowledge
- a project that is done in a group
-Group of three or more students working on an assignment to achieve the same goal.
- a project that must be done individually
-particular product within a product line
-making certain that the text is making sense to the reader
-evaluating your understanding as you read and correcting the problem whenever you realize that you are not comprehending.
- the phase were the student shows their work in a speech or presentation/ paper to show that they understand the text.
-Involves completing the entire procedure without assistance.
-The act or art of tracing or inscribing on a surface letters or ideographs
- letters or symbols written or imprinted on a surface to represent the sounds or words of a language
- is the familiarity with the topic of the reading
-what you already knew before reading
- intensely private and complex activity or skill in which the reader catches (understands) every sort of printed communication.
-the cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message
- the phase were the student analyze their goal and their successes and failures.
-Evaluation whether you meet your goals set earlier and analyze successes and failures.
- Set specific goals, read purposefully to meet those goals, and choose the best time of day to read.
- understanding; setting specific goals, reading purposefully, choosing the best time of day to read, and taking breaks., ,
- the reviewing of text or other refection materials for a class or test.
- consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
- places that a student can get information
Ex literature, research articles, reference text and survey text
- books, handouts, websites assigned; each provides knowledge that needs to be monitored.
- one that is of equal standing with another
- a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together