5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who owned the ranchos?
- San Francisco de los Tejas
- What was the first civil organized government in Texas?
- Why was La Salle's colony a secret?
- Aguayo Expedition
- a they were afraid of the Spanish reaction to the proximity of a French site so close to Texas
- b mission led by the governor of Coahuila to reoccupy the missions in East Texas after the Chicken War
- c San Antonio
- d mission built by the Spanish in East Texas that ended in failure
- e Some ranchos were privately owned, but many belonged to the missions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Farming and ranching
- Spain, France, and England
- expansion of an ongoing conflict between France and Spain in Texas
5 True/False questions
El Camino Real → "Royal Road" that led from East Texas missions to Mexico City
The presence of presidios was what? → Some ranchos were privately owned, but many belonged to the missions.
San Antonio de Valero → mission built on the San Antonio River
Where did the Spanish flee to after they burnt down San Francisco de los Tejas? → Mexico
Ayuntamiento → official who served as mayor, sheriff, and judge in Spanish settlements in Texas