5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who built San Fernando de Bexar?
- What tribe did the settlers at Fort St. Louis fight against?
- Why was La Salle's colony a secret?
- East Texas became important to the Spanish after which country started to explore the area?
- a families from the Canary Islands
- b they were afraid of the Spanish reaction to the proximity of a French site so close to Texas
- c name used for Hasinai Indians
- d France
- e Karankawa
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mouth of the Mississippi River
- to smooth the relations between Indians and missionaries.
- San Antonio
- priest who wanted to build missions in East Texas
5 True/False questions
Fort St. Louis → military bases in Spanish colonial America
Were presidio soldiers paid very much? → to smooth the relations between Indians and missionaries.
Why did the Pueblo Revolt occur? → forced settlers out of New Mexico
Aguayo Expedition → mission led by the governor of Coahuila to reoccupy the missions in East Texas after the Chicken War
La Bahia → official who served as mayor, sheriff, and judge in Spanish settlements in Texas