5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chicken War
- What did the missionaries eat every day in the mission?
- What tribe did the settlers at Fort St. Louis fight against?
- East Texas became important to the Spanish after which country started to explore the area?
- What was the first civil organized government in Texas?
- a San Antonio
- b France
- c expansion of an ongoing conflict between France and Spain in Texas
- d Karankawa
- e thin cereal
5 Multiple choice questions
- to convert the Karankawa Indians
- military bases in Spanish colonial America
- Farming and ranching
- name used for Hasinai Indians
5 True/False questions
alcade → official who served as mayor, sheriff, and judge in Spanish settlements in Texas
Father Hidalgo → priest who wanted to build missions in East Texas
Were presidio soldiers paid very much? → to smooth the relations between Indians and missionaries.
San Francisco de los Tejas → mission built by the Spanish in East Texas that ended in failure
What were the three European countries exploring in North America? → Spain, France, and England