5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pánfilo de Nárvaez
- calendario solar
- Estrategias de centralización del poder bajo los Reyes Católicos
(Strategies for centralizing power under the Catholic Monarchs)
- jerarquía social: inca, curaca, amauta, puric
- a a dramatic period of expansion that culminated in this eleventh emperor of the Inca
- b The marriage of Isabel (Kingdom of Castile) and Fernanda (Kingdom of Aragon) bound by a feudal economy based on sheep grazing (Castilla) with a commercial maritime economy (Aragon). Other strategies: sales tax (general sales tax), royal patronage, the Holy Office of the Inquisition, Gramatica Castellana Nebrija, eject the Jews
- c purics worked under foreman, ten foreman under curaca. The Inca was ahead of all
- d tenian un calendario con todos los dias y podian entender que se movia el sol
- e He had to leave to confront in Veracruz expedition of Panfilo Narvaez. Velasquez Narvaez sent Cortes to capture and bring him to Santiago to face trial for sedition. Cortes defeats Narvaez and persuades her 800 soldiers to join him.
5 Multiple choice questions
- nacio en Extremadura en Espana en 1485
- urged the king to accede to the proposal of Colon and even offered to raise the funds to finance the expedition.
- 15 de noviembre de 1518 sale al golfo de Mexico.
- was necessary not only to conquer territory but to integrate their people into a common culture. He imposed their language, Quechua, and its official religion, worship the sun god
- The Vatican gave the king the power to appoint priests in Spain and the Americas.
5 True/False questions
Nicolás de Ovando → second governor of the Spanish.
calpullis → system threads and knots to count and keep records
El hundimiento de los barcos → Se establecieron al norte y al centro de México, con su centro en la cuidade de Tula. Retomaron y elaboraron el mito de la partida y el regreso del dios Quetzalcóalt (serpiente emplumada) bajo el hechizo de Tezcatlipoca, dios del sacrificio humano. El príncipe Topitzín asume su identidad (987 D.C.). Civilización avanzada y admirada con grandes logros artísticos. Cae en el siglo XII bajo las invasiones migratorias de chichimecas del norte.
mita → Labor extracted for lands assigned to the state and the religion; all communities were expected to contribute; an essential aspect of Inca imperial control.
Renacimiento → Revolution era of artistic and dramatic progress in the scientific concoction. People were more concerned about the fate of life here on earth instead of going after death., Cultivated the humanities and the man represents the intellect and action with a lot of knowledge, is a scholar but also a man of action.The Renaissance also gives boost to settlement and there is an extreme nationalism which rejects everything that is not Christian or Spanish, hence the expulsion of the Jews in 1492, of the Moors in 1609 and the persecutions of the Inquisition.