Create an account
1. broken off; lacking in continuity; steep (ant. sloping)
2. sudden; quick and unexpected (ant. leisurely, deliberate, gradual)
1. drawing (the tissues) tightly together (e.g. to check bleeding)
2. stern; austere
1. twist out of shape; contort
2. twist out of the true meaning; misrepresent; pervert; falsify
1. throw ("bend") back light rays, as from a mirror (but /not/ from a prism, which /refracts/ rays)
2. to think
1. period for which an office or position is held (ex. U.S. Supreme Court Justices are Justices for life)
2. status assuring an employee a permanent position
1. to cast doubt on; refuse to believe
2. to take trust or credit away from; disgrace
1. faithfulness to a trust or vow (ant. perfidy)
2. accuracy; faithfulness of a sound reproduction
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together