5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What appears in the filter button when you filter largest to smallest.
- Network Protocol
- Bus Topology
- What does a line chart show?
- Press which key to move and copy a worksheet to a new one.
- a On a bus network, if one device malfunctions, it has no effect on other devices located along the bus cable. Figure 6.13 page 177.
- b A rule for how data is handled as it travels along a communications channel.
- c Z --> A
- d Display trend over time (dates, years) at even intervals. Emphasize rate of change over time.
- e Control (ctrl)
5 Multiple choice questions
- A communications standard used in Wi-Fi networks that tells wireless devices how to connect with each other using a series of access points and radio frequencies to transmit data.
- Far right side. "Page Break Preview"
- A standard that specifies that there is no central device controlling the timing of data transmission. With this standard , each device tries to send data when it senses that the network is available.
- The number of bits (pieces of data) per second that can be transmitted over a communications medium.
5 True/False questions
Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) → A technology that allows content to be treated as objects that can be inserted into different software documents even if they were not created using that software.
Gateway → Software that is made available to use free of charge.
3 Most Popular Types of Desktop Publishing Software → Adobe InDesign, Corel Draw, and QuarkXPress
Press this key to make formula absolute. → Boundary line between two columns. Pointer will change to vertical line with left and right pointing arrow. <--l-->
Firewall → A device that helps separate but dissimilar networks to communicate with each other.