5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- CT scan
- temporal lobes
- a ...
- b the portion of the cerebral cortex lying roughly above the ears; includes the auditory areas, each of which receives auditory information primarily from the opposite ear
- c the part of the brain continuous with the spinal cord and comprising the medulla oblongata and pons and midbrain and parts of the hypothalamus
- d a series of x-ray photographs taken from different angles and combined by computer into a composite representation of a slice through the body.
- e the inner part of an organ or structure in plant or animal
5 Multiple choice questions
- the brain's sensory switchboard, located on top of the brainstem; it directs messages to the sensory receiving areas in the cortex and transmits replies to the cerebellum and medulla
- a technique that enables us to see static images of the brain's structures; uses magnetism to achieve this effect
- tissue destruction. A brain lesion is a naturally or experimentally caused destruction of brain tissue
- a system of functionally related neural structures in the brain that are involved in emotional behavior
5 True/False questions
parietal lobes → the portion of the cerebral cortex lying at the top of the head and toward the rear; receives sensory input for touch and body position
Broca's area → controls language expression-an aread of the frontal, usually in the left hemisphere, that directs the muscle movements involved in speech
hypothalamus → limbic system component that regulates hunger, body temperature and other functions
glial cells → ...
motor cortex → an area at the rear of the frontal lobes that controls voluntary movements