5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- wenicke's area
- a ...
- b limbic system component that regulates hunger, body temperature and other functions
- c controls language reception—a brain area involved in language comprehension and expression; usually in the left temporal lobe (p. 389)
- d the part of the brain continuous with the spinal cord and comprising the medulla oblongata and pons and midbrain and parts of the hypothalamus
5 Multiple choice questions
- the portion of the cerebral cortex lying at the top of the head and toward the rear; receives sensory input for touch and body position
- the large band of neural fibers connecting the two brain hemispheres and carrying messages between them
- a condition in which the two hemispheres of the brain are isolated by cutting the connecting fibers (mainly those of the corpus callosum) between them
- an area at the rear of the frontal lobes that controls voluntary movements
- a series of x-ray photographs taken from different angles and combined by computer into a composite representation of a slice through the body.
5 True/False questions
cerebellum → the "little brain" attached to the rear of the brainstem; its functions include processing sensory input and coordinating movement output and balance
cerebral cortex → the area at the front of the parietal lobes that registers and processes body touch and movement sensations
temporal lobes → ...
thalamus → limbic system component that regulates hunger, body temperature and other functions
frontal lobes → the portion of the cerebral cortex lying at the top of the head and toward the rear; receives sensory input for touch and body position