5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Broca's area
- PET scan
- occipital lobes
- a ...
- b controls language expression-an aread of the frontal, usually in the left hemisphere, that directs the muscle movements involved in speech
- c a visual display of brain activity that detects where a radioactive form of glucose goes while the brain performs a given task
- d the portion of the cerebral cortex lying at the back of the head; includes the visual areas, which receive visual information from the opposite visual field.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the part of the brain continuous with the spinal cord and comprising the medulla oblongata and pons and midbrain and parts of the hypothalamus
- limbic system component that regulates hunger, body temperature and other functions
- controls language reception—a brain area involved in language comprehension and expression; usually in the left temporal lobe (p. 389)
- a technique that enables us to see static images of the brain's structures; uses magnetism to achieve this effect
- tissue destruction. A brain lesion is a naturally or experimentally caused destruction of brain tissue
5 True/False questions
cerebellum → the inner part of an organ or structure in plant or animal
association areas → controls language expression-an aread of the frontal, usually in the left hemisphere, that directs the muscle movements involved in speech
reticular formation → a nerve network in the brainstem that plays an important role in controlling arousal.
plasticity → the brain's capacity for modification, as evident in brain reorganization following damage (especially in children) and in experiments on the effects of experience on brain development
motor cortex → the area at the front of the parietal lobes that registers and processes body touch and movement sensations