5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- CT scan
- split brain
- a a series of x-ray photographs taken from different angles and combined by computer into a composite representation of a slice through the body.
- b tissue destruction. A brain lesion is a naturally or experimentally caused destruction of brain tissue
- c limbic system component that regulates hunger, body temperature and other functions
- d a condition in which the two hemispheres of the brain are isolated by cutting the connecting fibers (mainly those of the corpus callosum) between them
- e the inner part of an organ or structure in plant or animal
5 Multiple choice questions
- a visual display of brain activity that detects where a radioactive form of glucose goes while the brain performs a given task
- an area at the rear of the frontal lobes that controls voluntary movements
- a nerve network in the brainstem that plays an important role in controlling arousal.
- a technique that enables us to see static images of the brain's structures; uses magnetism to achieve this effect
- the part of the brain continuous with the spinal cord and comprising the medulla oblongata and pons and midbrain and parts of the hypothalamus
5 True/False questions
occipital lobes → the portion of the cerebral cortex lying at the back of the head; includes the visual areas, which receive visual information from the opposite visual field.
limbic system → the part of the brain continuous with the spinal cord and comprising the medulla oblongata and pons and midbrain and parts of the hypothalamus
amygdala → ...
frontal lobes → ...
association areas → controls language expression-an aread of the frontal, usually in the left hemisphere, that directs the muscle movements involved in speech