5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- time zone
- a partial shadow (not as dark)
- b Moon phase in which more than half of the Moon appears to be illuminated. Rounded outwards.
- c the act of moving in an orbit around another object
- d one of the standard areas into which the earth is divided; they correspond to the 24 hours in a day
- e a gradual increase in size
5 Multiple choice questions
- time when the sun is shining most directly on the meridian on the "other side" of the earth from your current position.
- Distance east or west of the prime meridian, measured in degrees
- the imaginary line passing through the western Pacific ocean that marks the start of a new day.
- in the same direction as the rotating hands of a clock
- the rise and fall of the sea level because of the gravitational pull of the moon and sun
5 True/False questions
equinox → name for the star at the center of our solar system
natural satellite → man-made equipment that orbits around the earth or the moon
sunrise → the time when the uppermost portion of the Sun's disk appears above the horizon
rotation → the act of moving in an orbit around another object
galaxy → a collection of solar systems held together by gravity