5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A mixture of various gases (nitrogen and oxygen make up 99% of clean, dry air).
- b Energy that flows from one object to another due to increase in temperature.
- c Lowest layer of the atmosphere; where coulds and rain occur.
- d A molecule of three oxygen atoms.
- e Lines that connect points of the same temperature.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Conduction, convection, radiation.
- Decreased and higher.
- The boundary between the troposphere and stratosphere.
- Most common gas in the atmosphere.
- Transfer of heat with OR without the use of a medium.
5 True/False questions
Scattering → Constantly changing; refers to state of atmosphere at any given time or pace.
Stratosphere → Layer of the atmosphere where ozone is located.
Cloudy nights → Higher temperatures than clear nights because clouds absorb outgoing radiation and reflect it back toward Earth.
How does the temperature change in the stratosphere and why? → Temperature increases because the atmosphere's ozone is concentrated there.
The atmosphere is divided vertically into four layers based on... → Temperature.