5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The atmosphere is divided vertically into four layers based on...
- Greenhouse effect
- a A mixture of various gases (nitrogen and oxygen make up 99% of clean, dry air).
- b Mass movement or circulation within a substance; Heat rises/Cool sinks.
- c Heating of the atmosphere by radiation absorbed by gases.
- d Temperature.
- e Constantly changing; refers to state of atmosphere at any given time or pace.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Temperature increases because the atmosphere's ozone is concentrated there.
- The process that produces weak rays that travel in all directions.
- The boundary between the troposphere and stratosphere.
- Layer of the atmosphere where ozone is located.
- Lowest layer of the atmosphere; where coulds and rain occur.
5 True/False questions
Six temperature controls are... → Latitude, heating of land and water, altitude, geographic position, cloud cover, and ocean currents.
Climate → Energy that flows from one object to another due to increase in temperature.
Higher altitudes have _____ temperatures and _____ air pressure than lower altitudes. → Temperature increases because the atmosphere's ozone is concentrated there.
Conduction → (involves making contact = touch) Transfer of heat through molecular activity.
Heat → A mixture of various gases (nitrogen and oxygen make up 99% of clean, dry air).