5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Higher altitudes have _____ temperatures and _____ air pressure than lower altitudes.
- Three ways that energy (heat) can be transferred are...
- The atmosphere is divided vertically into four layers based on...
- a Decreased and higher.
- b Temperature.
- c A molecule of three oxygen atoms.
- d Conduction, convection, radiation.
- e The boundary between the troposphere and stratosphere.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lowest layer of the atmosphere; where coulds and rain occur.
- Light bounces off an object.
- Mass movement or circulation within a substance; Heat rises/Cool sinks.
- Based on observations of weather that have been collected over many years. Helps describe a place or region.
- Higher temperatures than clear nights because clouds absorb outgoing radiation and reflect it back toward Earth.
5 True/False questions
Isotherms → Constantly changing; refers to state of atmosphere at any given time or pace.
Heat flows from matter with ____ temps. to matter with ____ temps. → Conduction, convection, radiation.
Six temperature controls are... → Layer of the atmosphere where ozone is located.
Conduction → Mass movement or circulation within a substance; Heat rises/Cool sinks.
Scattering → The process that produces weak rays that travel in all directions.