5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Greenhouse effect
- Cloudy nights
- Higher altitudes have _____ temperatures and _____ air pressure than lower altitudes.
- a Higher temperatures than clear nights because clouds absorb outgoing radiation and reflect it back toward Earth.
- b Decreased and higher.
- c Transfer of heat with OR without the use of a medium.
- d Based on observations of weather that have been collected over many years. Helps describe a place or region.
- e Heating of the atmosphere by radiation absorbed by gases.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The boundary between the troposphere and stratosphere.
- A molecule of three oxygen atoms.
- Constantly changing; refers to state of atmosphere at any given time or pace.
- Light bounces off an object.
- Latitude, heating of land and water, altitude, geographic position, cloud cover, and ocean currents.
5 True/False questions
Isotherms → Lines that connect points of the same temperature.
Scattering → The process that produces weak rays that travel in all directions.
Oxygen → A molecule of three oxygen atoms.
The atmosphere is divided vertically into four layers based on... → Temperature.
Stratosphere → Lowest layer of the atmosphere; where coulds and rain occur.