5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Three ways that energy (heat) can be transferred are...
- The atmosphere is divided vertically into four layers based on...
- How does the temperature change in the stratosphere and why?
- a Conduction, convection, radiation.
- b Light bounces off an object.
- c Temperature.
- d Temperature increases because the atmosphere's ozone is concentrated there.
- e Based on observations of weather that have been collected over many years. Helps describe a place or region.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Energy that flows from one object to another due to increase in temperature.
- A mixture of various gases (nitrogen and oxygen make up 99% of clean, dry air).
- The boundary between the troposphere and stratosphere.
- Most common gas in the atmosphere.
- A molecule of three oxygen atoms.
5 True/False questions
Conduction → (involves making contact = touch) Transfer of heat through molecular activity.
Six temperature controls are... → Latitude, heating of land and water, altitude, geographic position, cloud cover, and ocean currents.
Heat flows from matter with ____ temps. to matter with ____ temps. → Conduction, convection, radiation.
Scattering → The process that produces weak rays that travel in all directions.
Cloudy nights → Higher temperatures than clear nights because clouds absorb outgoing radiation and reflect it back toward Earth.