5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cultural Diffusion
- Specialized workers
- a One of the Assyrian kings.
- b Artisans - skilled workers who make goods by hands.
- c Process of a new idea or a product spreading from one culture to another.
- d Cambyses' successor, noble of dynasty. Seized throne in 522-521 B.C.
- e Ditches that carried river water to their fields and allowed them to produce a surplus of crops.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Group of people in Asia who invented metal coins and the Persians adopted this.
- Region in Mesopotamia; size of Massachusettes that held most of the city-states.
- The earliest rulers of the city-states because they could talk to the gods.
- Cyrus' son, who extended the Persian Empire by conquering Egypt (named after Cyrus' father).
- Southwest Asian people who helped destroy Assyrian Empire.
5 True/False questions
Assyrian tactics in taking city-states → Had strong and well-disciplined army they used to conquer empires.
Exile → Person forced to leave homeland.
Five characteristics of civilization are... → Advanced cities, specialized workers, complex institutions, record keeping, and advanced technology.
Hammurabi's Code → Babylonian king that created Mesopotamia's 282 laws.
Nineveh → Assyria's capital.