5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 10.000 Immortals
- Wheat and barley
- a Persia's king in 550 B.C.
- b One of the Assyrian kings.
- c Governor that ruled a province.
- d Two major staple crops of Mesopotamia.
- e Elite group of Persian soldiers who helped Darius seize Persia's throne in 522-521 BC. Could never go under 10,000.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Darius' secret group of inspectors whose job was to monitor the satraps and the people to make sure they were doing their jobs.
- One of the oldest and largest ancient libraries in Assyrian captail cities.
- Iron tipped ram used to break down city gates.
- Ditches that carried river water to their fields and allowed them to produce a surplus of crops.
- Southwest Asian people who helped destroy Assyrian Empire.
5 True/False questions
Royal Road → Road system of Persian Empire which ran from Susa in Persia to Sardis in Anatolia, a distance of 1,677 miles.
Tigris and Euphrates River → Rivers that flow southeastward to Persian Gulf.
Exile → Person forced to leave homeland.
Persia → Empire that was ruled by diplomacy and tolerance whose capital city was Babylon.
Nebuchadnezzar → One of the Assyrian kings who was able to read several languages.