5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hammurabi's Code
- Tigris and Euphrates River
- a Plain between Tigris and Euphrates.
- b Belief in many gods.
- c Rivers that flow southeastward to Persian Gulf.
- d List of 282 specific laws that was based on "an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth". First ever set of laws.
- e Cyrus' son, who extended the Persian Empire by conquering Egypt (named after Cyrus' father).
5 Multiple choice questions
- Built by King Nebuchadnezzar for his wife who was homesick. One of the seven Ancient Wonders of the World.
- North of Mesopotamia whose ice and snow melted and cause the flooding of Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
- Advanced cities, specialized workers, complex institutions, record keeping, and advanced technology.
- Governor that ruled a province.
- Persia's king in 550 B.C.
5 True/False questions
Battering ram → Iron tipped ram used to break down city gates.
Sennacherib → One of the Assyrian kings.
Fertile Crescent → Political unit in which a number of people or countries are controlled by a single ruler.
King's Eyes and Ears → Darius' secret group of inspectors whose job was to monitor the satraps and the people to make sure they were doing their jobs.
Complex institutions → Process of a new idea or a product spreading from one culture to another.