5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sargon of Akkad
- Fertile Crescent
- Advanced cities
- a Arc of rich farmland in Southwest Asia, between the Persian Gulf and Miediterranean Sea.
- b Assyria's capital.
- c Defeated city-states of Sumer with his army - created world's first empire.
- d More than a large group of people living together.
- e Political unit in which a number of people or countries are controlled by a single ruler.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Babylonian king that created Mesopotamia's 282 laws.
- Long-lasting patterns of organization in a community.
- Empire that was ruled by diplomacy and tolerance whose capital city was Babylon.
- List of 282 specific laws that was based on "an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth". First ever set of laws.
- Ditches that carried river water to their fields and allowed them to produce a surplus of crops.
5 True/False questions
Cyrus → Cambyses' successor, noble of dynasty. Seized throne in 522-521 B.C.
Slit → Region in Mesopotamia; size of Massachusettes that held most of the city-states.
Cambyses → Persia's king in 550 B.C.
Lydians → Group of people in Asia who invented metal coins and the Persians adopted this.
Dynasty → Persia's king in 550 B.C.