5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sargon of Akkad
- Wheat and barley
- a Defeated city-states of Sumer with his army - created world's first empire.
- b Assyria's capital.
- c Two major staple crops of Mesopotamia.
- d Person forced to leave homeland.
- e Region in Mesopotamia; size of Massachusettes that held most of the city-states.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Belief in many gods.
- Had strong and well-disciplined army they used to conquer empires.
- The earliest rulers of the city-states because they could talk to the gods.
- Empire that was ruled by diplomacy and tolerance whose capital city was Babylon.
- Babylon's chief god.
5 True/False questions
City state → Persia's king in 550 B.C.
Cyrus → Persia's king in 550 B.C.
Hanging Gardens of Babylon → Built by King Nebuchadnezzar for his wife who was homesick. One of the seven Ancient Wonders of the World.
Satrap → Governor that ruled a province.
Assyrian tactics in taking city-states → Had strong and well-disciplined army they used to conquer empires.