5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- a Ditches that carried river water to their fields and allowed them to produce a surplus of crops.
- b Persian prophet and religious who lived around 600 B.C.
- c One of the Assyrian kings who was able to read several languages.
- d Cyrus' son, who extended the Persian Empire by conquering Egypt (named after Cyrus' father).
- e Built by King Nebuchadnezzar for his wife who was homesick. One of the seven Ancient Wonders of the World.
5 Multiple choice questions
- List of 282 specific laws that was based on "an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth". First ever set of laws.
- Southwest Asian kingdom that controlled a large empire from about 85 to 612 B.C.
- Process of a new idea or a product spreading from one culture to another.
- Two major staple crops of Mesopotamia.
- Assyria's capital.
5 True/False questions
Tigris and Euphrates River → Rivers that flow southeastward to Persian Gulf.
Sennacherib → One of the Assyrian kings.
Exile → Person forced to leave homeland.
Mesopotamia → Empire that was ruled by diplomacy and tolerance whose capital city was Babylon.
Dynasty → Series of rulers from a single family.