5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jacques Louis-David was first the court painter to King Louis XVI, but by a twist of fate ended up as painter to ____.
- In his famous 1907 photograph, Alfred Stieglitz captures the juxtaposition of the upper and lower classes on board the Kaiser Wilhelm II ship. This photograph is titled ____.
- Images painted directly on a wall or intended to cover a wall completely, such as José Clemente Orozco's Epic of American Civilization: Hispano-American, are known as ____.
- Ralph Going's Rock Ola is a contradiction of what we normally consider when we think of a watercolor on paper because the work is considered to be ____.
- ____ was the principal painting medium during the Byzantine and Romanesque eras of Christian art.
- a Photorealism
- b The Steerage
- c Gouache
- d Napoleon Bonaparte
- e murals
5 Multiple choice questions
- Charles Simonds
- carefully modeled and three dimensional
- emulsion; silver halide
- National World War II Memorial
5 True/False questions
The oldest known type of ink is India or China ink, made from a solution of ____. → tree branches capped by salt shakers
From the Latin for "blood," ____ is the name associated with an earthy red chalk color. → Style
Nineteenth-century industrialization led to the development of ____ as a building material, and it was the first material to allow the erection of tall buildings with relatively slender walls. → gauffrage
After meeting Ms. Mary Lou Furcron, African American artist Beverly Buchanan's life and art have focused on ____, as seen in Henriette's Yard. → in New York's Central Park
Palmer Hayden's The Subway represents a demographic and ethnic cross-section of the strap-hanging riders of 1930s New York City and thus demonstrates ____. → emphasis on variety