5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The painful realism of Kiki Smith's figures, complete with body parts and bodily fluids, was likely influenced by her career as a(n) ____.
- Unlike pure, bilateral symmetry, ____ provides variety within an overall unified composition.
- In Laurie Simmons' photograph Red Library #2, the perfect room and robot-like woman are meant to symbolize ____.
- In Four Marilyns, Pop artist Andy Warhol participated in the cultural ____ of the film star and icon Marilyn Monroe.
- Nineteenth-century industrialization led to the development of ____ as a building material, and it was the first material to allow the erection of tall buildings with relatively slender walls.
- a the dangers of too much order
- b approximate symmetry
- c immortalization
- d cast iron
- e emergency medical technician
5 Multiple choice questions
- supermodel icon
- Japanese kimono
- The Steerage
- compel the viewer to take a new look at the familiar
5 True/False questions
Woodcuts make use of the flat surface of wooden boards, but wood engravings use the end sections of the boards, yielding a ____ surface. → Charles Simonds
Dara Birnbaum's multimedia installation PM Magazine appropriated images from the network show of the same title in an effort to focus on ____. → Piazza della Signoria
In Hiroshi Sugimoto's Go-oh Shrine, by using both smooth and rough areas of wood and stone, the architect reveals that his primary emphasis is to create contrasts in ____. → be gay and living in America
In both tempera and oil painting, the surface of the wood or canvas is covered with a ground of powdered chalk or plaster and animal glue known as ____. → Style
A ____, located at the entrance to Barcelona's Parc Guell, has become a favorite symbol of the city. → mosaic serpent by Gaudi