5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The compositional unity in Thomas Hart Benton's Palisades derives primarily from ____.
- Gilbert Stuart's 18th-century traditional portrait of George Washington achieves a realistic likeness largely through ____.
- Antoni Gaudi was known for his ____ that helped define the Modernista style in Catalonia, Spain.
- True fresco, or ____, is executed on damp ____.
- Jaune Quick-to-See Smith's The Environment: Be a Shepherd is reminiscent of a ____ due to its simple forms and sketchy manner.
- a playful, organic forms
- b modeling
- c curvilinear shapes and lines
- d buon fresco; lime plaster
- e mental sketchbook
5 Multiple choice questions
- column; Emperor Napoleon
- Radial balance
- Hagia Sophia; dome
5 True/False questions
The ____ of a work of art is everything that is contained in it. → content
Pen and ink are used to create drawings, such as Jean Dubuffet's Garden, that are essentially ____. → linear
Which of the following statements about the patriarchal figure in Viola Frey's Family Portrait does not indicate his influential status within the family? → Toys can be seen in the composition.
Diagonal lines are often used to ____. → implied line
Unlike pure, bilateral symmetry, ____ provides variety within an overall unified composition. → metal plates