5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In Laurie Simmons' photograph Red Library #2, the perfect room and robot-like woman are meant to symbolize ____.
- Probably the most ubiquitous type of monument depicts a man on horseback, known as a(n) ____ statue.
- Dara Birnbaum's multimedia installation PM Magazine appropriated images from the network show of the same title in an effort to focus on ____.
- Leonardo da Vinci's Proportion of the Human Figure can best be considered an example of ____.
- Betye Saar's Ancestral Spirit Chair is constructed of ____.
- a bilateral symmetry
- b the exploitation of women
- c the dangers of too much order
- d equestrian
- e tree branches capped by salt shakers
5 Multiple choice questions
- heightened emotional impact
- evoke instinctive reactions of repulsion and attraction
5 True/False questions
Antoni Gaudi was known for his ____ that helped define the Modernista style in Catalonia, Spain. → content
The 16th-century artist Leonardo da Vinci produced what is perhaps the most famous painting in the history of Western art. This painting is known as ____. → resolution
Images painted directly on a wall or intended to cover a wall completely, such as José Clemente Orozco's Epic of American Civilization: Hispano-American, are known as ____. → resolution
Claes Oldenburg's Soft Toilet elevates an everyday object to a work of art and forces us to rethink its function in society. This is an example of ____. → Pop art
A good architectural example of rhythmic progression can be found in the ____ in the ceiling of the mosque at Córdoba, Spain. → arches