5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The 17,000 almost identical small homes built in post-World War II Levittown, New York, are a reflection of the ____.
- Judy Pfaff's nonobjective painting Voodoo leads viewers to try to find subject matter in the work based on its ____.
- Alexander Gardner's Home of a Rebel Sharpshooter, Gettysburg is a graphic photo taken during the ____, probably from a camera in a wagon known as a ____.
- The unforgiving medium of ____ was widely used for drawing from the late Middle Ages to the early 1500s, when it was largely replaced by the lead pencil.
- In works such as her Untitled mixed-media print of Chinese girls, Hung Liu's purpose is to ____.
- a United States Civil War; Whatsit
- b title
- c silverpoint
- d highlight the degradation of previous generations of Chinese women
- e need for mass suburban housing for growing metropolitan areas
5 Multiple choice questions
- Picasso's Mandolin and Clarinet
- in or for one location
- cave walls
5 True/False questions
David Gilhooly's Bowl of Chocolate Moose seems gooey and edible. It is a visual pun that employs the use of a technique known as ____. → as a preparatory study for another project
As in Robert Capa's photograph Death of a Loyalist Soldier, imbalance in a work of art can be used to capture a sense of ____. → movement
Woodcuts make use of the flat surface of wooden boards, but wood engravings use the end sections of the boards, yielding a ____ surface. → Charles Simonds
____ are constructed by placing barrel vaults at right angles to cover a square space known as a ____. → Trusses
Fifteenth-century artist Gentile da Fabriano applied thinly hammered sheets of gold to his Adoration of the Magi tempera panel using a technique known as ____. → gauffrage