5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pen and ink are used to create drawings, such as Jean Dubuffet's Garden, that are essentially ____.
- Jacques Louis-David was first the court painter to King Louis XVI, but by a twist of fate ended up as painter to ____.
- From the Italian for "light-dark," what term is sometimes used in place of the word modeling?
- In Four Marilyns, Pop artist Andy Warhol participated in the cultural ____ of the film star and icon Marilyn Monroe.
- Michelangelo's The Cross-Legged Captive is an example of ____ sculpture.
- a subtractive
- b Napoleon Bonaparte
- c linear
- d chiaroscuro
- e immortalization
5 Multiple choice questions
- bilateral symmetry
5 True/False questions
Goldsworthy's Storm King Wall snakes through fields and around trees, ____ and reappears to continue along the landscape. → his breath
____ refers to the portrayal of people and things as they actually are, with no idealization or distortion. → Realism
In Laurie Simmons' photograph Red Library #2, the perfect room and robot-like woman are meant to symbolize ____. → texture
Sherry Levine's Fountains after Duchamp pays homage to Marcel Duchamp's original Dada "readymade" and is a classic example of ____. → traditional negative Christian views of women
In its original meaning, a ____ was a full-scale preliminary drawing executed on paper for projects such as frescoes, stained glass, oil paintings, or tapestries. → cartoon