5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which classic early color film depicted real life in black and white and imaginary life in expressionistic color?
- The device of ____ to create unity is reflected in the ages of the youth, their ethnicity, and their suggested bond of friendship in Delilah Montoya's Los Jovenes (Youth).
- Which of the following shapes can be considered a cultural icon?
1. all of these choices
2. Chinese yin yang
3. Jewish Star of David
4. Christian cross
5. Apple logo
- Glass sculptor Dale Chihuly's Fioridi Como, located in Las Vegas' Bellagio Hotel, is a 70-foot-long ceiling piece reminiscent of the shapes and brilliant colors of Venice's renowned ____ glass.
- ____ refers to the portrayal of people and things as they actually are, with no idealization or distortion.
- a all of these choices
- b The Wizard of Oz
- c continuity
- d murano
- e Realism
5 Multiple choice questions
- the exploitation of women
5 True/False questions
As in Robert Capa's photograph Death of a Loyalist Soldier, imbalance in a work of art can be used to capture a sense of ____. → color reversal
The ancient Egyptians and Greeks tinted their sculptures with ____ to give them a lifelike appearance. → encaustic
A monotype differs from all other printmaking techniques because ____. → it only yields a single, unique image
For her "Volcano" Series, Ana Mendieta marked the presence of ____ in the landscape using various methods and materials. → her body
Helen Oji's Mount St. Helen's is an opaque impasto composition in the shape of a ____. → Japanese kimono