5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- First Law of Thermodynamics
- elastic collision
- a Unit of energy.
- b Nuclear energy production by the division of the nucleus of an atom.
- c The total amount of energy entering a process equals the sum of all the forms of energy that exist at the end of the process.
- d Occurs when two objects collide and rebound so that the sum of their momentums and the sum of their kinetic energies are the same before and after the collision.
- e Energy of sound waves or particle oscillations; must have a medium to be transmitted.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Colliding objects stick together after a collision.
- Energy of position.
- Gain of thermal energy.
- What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?
- Energy of motion.
5 True/False questions
cooling → Loss of thermal energy.
electromagnetic → Energy produced through a magnetic field.
1/2 mv squared 0.5 x mass in kg x the square of speed in meters per second → What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?
Law of Conservation of Energy → States that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another.
fusion → Nuclear energy production by the division of the nucleus of an atom.