5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1/2 mv squared 0.5 x mass in kg x the square of speed in meters per second
- partially elastic collision
- a Energy of position.
- b What is the formula for kinetic energy KE = ? and what do the variables mean?
- c One or both objects in a collision deform, some of the kinetic energy is converted to heat.
- d Energy of sound waves or particle oscillations; must have a medium to be transmitted.
- e Gain of thermal energy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Energy produced through a magnetic field.
- Energy stored in chemical bonds.
- Occurs when two objects collide and rebound so that the sum of their momentums and the sum of their kinetic energies are the same before and after the collision.
- The ability to do work.
- States that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another.
5 True/False questions
electrical → Energy produced by the excess, lack, or movement of electrons.
heat → Gain of thermal energy.
mass energy → The equivalent of the energy of all matter itself if you could convert the matter into energy using the formula E=mc2.
First Law of Thermodynamics → The total amount of energy entering a process equals the sum of all the forms of energy that exist at the end of the process.
wh (weight in newtons) x (height in meters) → What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?