5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- mass energy
- First Law of Thermodynamics
- elastic potential energy
- a The total amount of energy entering a process equals the sum of all the forms of energy that exist at the end of the process.
- b Energy produced by the excess, lack, or movement of electrons.
- c Energy produced in a system or material affected by an elastic force.
- d The movement of thermal energy into or out of a system.
- e The equivalent of the energy of all matter itself if you could convert the matter into energy using the formula E=mc2.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A form of radiant energy from electricity and magnetism.
- Nuclear energy production by the division of the nucleus of an atom.
- What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?
- The ability to do work.
- States that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another.
5 True/False questions
thermal → Energy stored in chemical bonds.
acoustic → Energy of sound waves or particle oscillations; must have a medium to be transmitted.
fusion → Nuclear energy production by the combination of two atom's nuclei.
joule → Energy associated with the nucleus of the atom.
chemical → Consists of both potential and kinetic energy.