5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1/2 mv squared 0.5 x mass in kg x the square of speed in meters per second
- a The ability to do work.
- b The sum of the kinetic energies of all the particles in an object.
- c Nuclear energy production by the division of the nucleus of an atom.
- d What is the formula for kinetic energy KE = ? and what do the variables mean?
- e Compares the amount of usable energy produced with the amount available before the transformation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- One or both objects in a collision deform, some of the kinetic energy is converted to heat.
- Unit of energy.
- Energy produced through a magnetic field.
- Gain of thermal energy.
- Colliding objects stick together after a collision.
5 True/False questions
First Law of Thermodynamics → The total amount of energy entering a process equals the sum of all the forms of energy that exist at the end of the process.
nuclear → Energy associated with the nucleus of the atom.
cooling → Gain of thermal energy.
wh (weight in newtons) x (height in meters) → What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?
radiant → The movement of thermal energy into or out of a system.