5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Law of Conservation of Energy
- a Unit of energy.
- b Nuclear energy production by the combination of two atom's nuclei.
- c Energy of position.
- d States that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another.
- e Compares the amount of usable energy produced with the amount available before the transformation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nuclear energy production by the division of the nucleus of an atom.
- Energy of sound waves or particle oscillations; must have a medium to be transmitted.
- Energy produced in a system or material affected by an elastic force.
- Gain of thermal energy.
- Energy associated with the nucleus of the atom.
5 True/False questions
elastic collision → Occurs when two objects collide and rebound so that the sum of their momentums and the sum of their kinetic energies are the same before and after the collision.
chemical → The sum of the kinetic energies of all the particles in an object.
radiant → Type of energy that can be radiated by matter or transmitted through a vacuum.
1/2 mv squared 0.5 x mass in kg x the square of speed in meters per second → What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?
temperature → Measure of the change in thermal energy of a system.