5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- partially elastic collision
- a One or both objects in a collision deform, some of the kinetic energy is converted to heat.
- b The movement of thermal energy into or out of a system.
- c Energy of position.
- d Nuclear energy production by the division of the nucleus of an atom.
- e Gain of thermal energy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The sum of the kinetic energies of all the particles in an object.
- Colliding objects stick together after a collision.
- Energy of motion.
- A form of radiant energy from electricity and magnetism.
- Energy of sound waves or particle oscillations; must have a medium to be transmitted.
5 True/False questions
cooling → Gain of thermal energy.
mechanical → Energy stored in chemical bonds.
magnetic → Energy produced through a magnetic field.
mass energy → The ability to do work.
joule → Unit of energy.