5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Survival of the Fittest
- Absolute Dating
- Subduction Boundary
- a Determining the actual age in years of an object ("Exact").
- b Organisms that are the fittest will live the longest and produce the most offspring. Then they pass their favorable characteristics onto their offspring.
- c The gradual change in a species over time.
- d When rocks are broken down into smaller pieces through actions by wind, water, roots, and animals.
- e When two plates move towards each other, but the dense oceanic crust sinks under the continental crust. They cause volcanoes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Changes in earth's land, such as mountains, volcanoes, and earthquakes.
- An underwater mountain chain in the Atlantic Ocean caused by sea-floor spreading.
- A timeline of earth's history. It correlates the existence of life on Earth with geological events, such as mass extinctions.
- The process by which individuals that are better adapted to the environment are more likely to survive and reproduce than other members of the same species.
- The DENSEST layer of the Earth that is made of a solid ball of iron.
5 True/False questions
Mechanical Weathering → The process by which the chemical make-up of a rock changes.
Convergent Boundary → When two continental plates move towards each other. They cause mountains.
Outer Core → The next dense layer of the Earth that surrounds the inner core. It's made of a liquid ball of iron.
Divergent Boundary → When two continental plates move towards each other. They cause mountains.
Continental Drift Theory → When two continental plates move towards each other. They cause mountains.