5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Geologic Change
- Survival of the Fittest
- Index Fossil
- Inner Core
- a The thickest layer of the Earth. It is where convection currents happen.
- b Changes in earth's land, such as mountains, volcanoes, and earthquakes.
- c A fossil embedded in a rock layer. The age of the rock layer is the same age as the fossils embedded in it.
- d Organisms that are the fittest will live the longest and produce the most offspring. Then they pass their favorable characteristics onto their offspring.
- e The DENSEST layer of the Earth that is made of a solid ball of iron.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The constant rising and cooling of magma in the Earth's mantle. The heat from the inner core is what causes this motion. They cause plate movement in earth's crust.
- When rocks are broken down into smaller pieces through actions by wind, water, roots, and animals.
- Any inherited trait that gives an organism an advantage in its environment.
- A theory proposed by Alfred Wagner stating that the earth's continents were once joined in a mega continent called Pangaea and gradually drifted apart.
- The process by which the chemical make-up of a rock changes.
5 True/False questions
Evolution → The gradual change in a species over time.
Divergent Boundary → When two plates move away from each other. They cause sea-floor spreading, such as the Mid Atlantic Ridge.
Ice Cores → The DENSEST layer of the Earth that is made of a solid ball of iron.
Unconformity → A science word for "heavy." More dense things sink, less dense things float.
Mechanical Weathering → the process by which rocks break apart without changing the chemical composition.