5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Divergent Boundary
- Geologic Time Scale
- Mesozoic Era
- Absolute Dating
- Inner Core
- a Determining the actual age in years of an object ("Exact").
- b The DENSEST layer of the Earth that is made of a solid ball of iron.
- c A timeline of earth's history. It correlates the existence of life on Earth with geological events, such as mass extinctions.
- d The era of the Geologic Time Scale when the dinosaurs both appeared and became extinct.
- e When two plates move away from each other. They cause sea-floor spreading, such as the Mid Atlantic Ridge.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An underwater mountain chain in the Atlantic Ocean caused by sea-floor spreading.
- Long cylinders of ice used to study Earth's atmosphere. Trapped gases and dust inside the ice cores tell scientists when volcanoes erupted and how the climate used to be.
- The current era of the Geologic Time Scale. It is when mammals and humans first appeared.
- The LEAST dense layer of the Earth. It is where life exists and is made up of continental and oceanic crust.
- The gradual change in a species over time.
5 True/False questions
Law of Superposition → A law that states in an undisturbed rock layer, the oldest rocks are always on the bottom and the youngest rocks are always on top.
Geologic Change → Changes in earth's land, such as mountains, volcanoes, and earthquakes.
Weathering → Any inherited trait that gives an organism an advantage in its environment.
Unconformity → A science word for "heavy." More dense things sink, less dense things float.
Index Fossil → A fossil embedded in a rock layer. The age of the rock layer is the same age as the fossils embedded in it.