5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mid Atlantic Ridge
- Convergent Boundary
- a When rocks are broken down into smaller pieces through actions by wind, water, roots, and animals.
- b An underwater mountain chain in the Atlantic Ocean caused by sea-floor spreading.
- c The thickest layer of the Earth. It is where convection currents happen.
- d The mega continent
- e When two continental plates move towards each other. They cause mountains.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A law that states in an undisturbed rock layer, the oldest rocks are always on the bottom and the youngest rocks are always on top.
- Determining the actual age in years of an object ("Exact").
- The constant rising and cooling of magma in the Earth's mantle. The heat from the inner core is what causes this motion. They cause plate movement in earth's crust.
- The current era of the Geologic Time Scale. It is when mammals and humans first appeared.
- A science word for "heavy." More dense things sink, less dense things float.
5 True/False questions
Relative Dating → Determining the actual age in years of an object ("Exact").
Subduction Boundary → When two plates move towards each other, but the dense oceanic crust sinks under the continental crust. They cause volcanoes.
Chemical Weathering → the process by which rocks break apart without changing the chemical composition.
Adaptation → The gradual change in a species over time.
Continental Drift Theory → A theory proposed by Alfred Wagner stating that the earth's continents were once joined in a mega continent called Pangaea and gradually drifted apart.