5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Inner Core
- Mechanical Weathering
- Chemical Weathering
- a the process by which rocks break apart without changing the chemical composition.
- b Any inherited trait that gives an organism an advantage in its environment.
- c The process by which the chemical make-up of a rock changes.
- d The DENSEST layer of the Earth that is made of a solid ball of iron.
- e The mega continent
5 Multiple choice questions
- The next dense layer of the Earth that surrounds the inner core. It's made of a liquid ball of iron.
- A timeline of earth's history. It correlates the existence of life on Earth with geological events, such as mass extinctions.
- An underwater mountain chain in the Atlantic Ocean caused by sea-floor spreading.
- When rocks are broken down into smaller pieces through actions by wind, water, roots, and animals.
- The current era of the Geologic Time Scale. It is when mammals and humans first appeared.
5 True/False questions
Density → The LEAST dense layer of the Earth. It is where life exists and is made up of continental and oceanic crust.
Precambrian Time → The section of the Geologic Time Scale that makes up 90% of Earth's History. No life existed at that time.
Ice Cores → The DENSEST layer of the Earth that is made of a solid ball of iron.
Transform Boundary → When two plates move away from each other. They cause sea-floor spreading, such as the Mid Atlantic Ridge.
Paleozoic Era → The era of the Geologic Time Scale when the dinosaurs both appeared and became extinct.