5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Divergent Boundary
- Convection Currents
- Law of Superposition
- Mesozoic Era
- Transform Boundary
- a A law that states in an undisturbed rock layer, the oldest rocks are always on the bottom and the youngest rocks are always on top.
- b The era of the Geologic Time Scale when the dinosaurs both appeared and became extinct.
- c When two plates slide past each other. They cause earthquakes.
- d When two plates move away from each other. They cause sea-floor spreading, such as the Mid Atlantic Ridge.
- e The constant rising and cooling of magma in the Earth's mantle. The heat from the inner core is what causes this motion. They cause plate movement in earth's crust.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When two continental plates move towards each other. They cause mountains.
- the process by which rocks break apart without changing the chemical composition.
- The LEAST dense layer of the Earth. It is where life exists and is made up of continental and oceanic crust.
- When rocks are broken down into smaller pieces through actions by wind, water, roots, and animals.
- The DENSEST layer of the Earth that is made of a solid ball of iron.
5 True/False questions
Absolute Dating → Determining the age of an object in relation to other objects ("Estimate").
Survival of the Fittest → The process by which the chemical make-up of a rock changes.
Ice Cores → Long cylinders of ice used to study Earth's atmosphere. Trapped gases and dust inside the ice cores tell scientists when volcanoes erupted and how the climate used to be.
Geologic Change → A timeline of earth's history. It correlates the existence of life on Earth with geological events, such as mass extinctions.
Unconformity → A gap in a rock layer. It reduces scientists understanding of Earth's history because it's a missing piece of information.