How can we help?
You can also find more resources in our
Select a category
Something is confusing
Something is broken
I have a suggestion
What is your email?
What is 1 + 3?
Vocabulary From Classical Roots Book A Lessons 5 and 6
an organism invisible to the naked eye, especially one that causes disease
1. a miniature world; 2. something that resembles something else on a very small scale
a small or trivial detail
1. to make slender or small; 2. to weaken or reduce in force or value.
1. thin in form; 2. flimsy, having little substance or validity
1. to satisfy an appetite fully; 2. to gratify to excess
to do as one is asked or ordered
1. a tool or utensil; 2. to carry out, put into effect
1. well-stocked or abundantly supplied; 2. completely filled
an exclamation or oath, often obscene
1. plentiful; 2. in large amounts
1. the universe; 2. any great whole
noble and generous, especially in forgiving
a wealthy, influential person, especially in business
1. greatness of importance or size; 2. the degree or brightness of a star
1. a form of mental illness in which a person has exaggerated ideas of his or her own importance; 2. an obsessive idea to do things on a grand scale
the system of having more than one spouse at a time
a flat shape with many straight sides