5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Active Site
- a What dissolves the solute - usually water
- b An element that has gained or lost one or more electrons.
- c Substance that is dissolved
- d A substance made of the joined atoms of two or more different elements.
- e Site on an enzyme that attaches to a substrate
5 Multiple choice questions
- A mixture in which one or more substances is evenly distributed in another substance
- Large complex compounds that contain carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
- Compound that Reduces the concentration of hydrogen ions (increases (OH-))
- Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
- The number of protons plus the number of neutrons.
5 True/False questions
Cohesion → The attraction between substances of the same kind.
Adhesion → The attraction between substances of the same kind.
Surface Tension → Caused by the attraction between water molecules; prevents the surface of water from easily breaking.
Activation Energy → The energy needed to start a chemical reaction
Element → Substances made up of only one kind of atom