5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Atomic Number
- Active Site
- Activation Energy
- a The substance on which an enzyme acts during a chemical reaction.
- b The number of protons in the nucleus of an element.
- c The energy needed to start a chemical reaction
- d Site on an enzyme that attaches to a substrate
- e A mixture in which one or more substances is evenly distributed in another substance
5 Multiple choice questions
- An element that has gained or lost one or more electrons.
- What dissolves the solute - usually water
- Substances made up of only one kind of atom
- A long chain of smaller molecules called nucleotides
- A substance made of the joined atoms of two or more different elements.
5 True/False questions
Molecule → A group of atoms held together by convalent bonds
Atom → Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
Base → Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
Acid → Nonpolar molecules that are not solube in water ( can dissolve )
Lipid → Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution