5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Active Site
- Nucleic Acid
- a Organic compounds made of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen atoms.
- b A long chain of smaller molecules called nucleotides
- c Site on an enzyme that attaches to a substrate
- d Substances that increase the speed of chemical reactions ( usually a protein, Lowers activation energy )
- e Substances made up of only one kind of atom
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nonpolar molecules that are not solube in water ( can dissolve )
- The attraction between substances of the same kind.
- A substance made of the joined atoms of two or more different elements.
- The substance on which an enzyme acts during a chemical reaction.
- Forms when 2 or more atoms share electrons to form a molecule
5 True/False questions
Surface Tension → Caused by the attraction between water molecules; prevents the surface of water from easily breaking.
Protein → An element that has gained or lost one or more electrons.
Adhesion → The attraction between substances of the same kind.
Acid → The smallest unit of matter that can not be broken down by chemical means.
Atomic Number → The number of protons plus the number of neutrons.