5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Activation Energy
- Convalent Bond
- a Forms when 2 or more atoms share electrons to form a molecule
- b Substance that is dissolved
- c Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
- d The energy needed to start a chemical reaction
- e Large complex compounds that contain carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nonpolar molecules that are not solube in water ( can dissolve )
- Site on an enzyme that attaches to a substrate
- Substances that increase the speed of chemical reactions ( usually a protein, Lowers activation energy )
- A mixture in which one or more substances is evenly distributed in another substance
- The number of protons plus the number of neutrons.
5 True/False questions
Element → What dissolves the solute - usually water
Surface Tension → Caused by the attraction between water molecules; prevents the surface of water from easily breaking.
Ion → The smallest unit of matter that can not be broken down by chemical means.
Molecule → A group of atoms held together by convalent bonds
Ionic Bond → A substance made of the joined atoms of two or more different elements.