5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Active Site
- Ionic Bond
- a Site on an enzyme that attaches to a substrate
- b Substances that reduce the activation energy of a chemical reaction
- c Bonds formed when atoms transfer electrons
- d What dissolves the solute - usually water
- e The substance on which an enzyme acts during a chemical reaction.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A substance made of the joined atoms of two or more different elements.
- Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
- An attraction between different substances (why things get wet)
- Substance that is dissolved
- A long chain of smaller molecules called nucleotides
5 True/False questions
Atom → The smallest unit of matter that can not be broken down by chemical means.
Convalent Bond → Forms when 2 or more atoms share electrons to form a molecule
Enzyme → Substances that increase the speed of chemical reactions ( usually a protein, Lowers activation energy )
Element → What dissolves the solute - usually water
Mass Number → The number of protons in the nucleus of an element.