Sets found in the same folder
Other sets by this creator
Which of the following describes what will happen in the market for tomatoes if a salmonella outbreak is attributed to tainted tomatoes? A. Supply will decrease and price will increase. B. Supply will decrease and price will decrease C. Demand will decrease and price will increase D. Demand will decrease and price will decrease. E. Supply and demand will both decrease.
On April 1, 2012, Kathleen Alvarez established an interior decorating business, Intrex Designs. During the month, Kathleen completed the following transactions related to the business:
Apr. 1. Kathleen transferred cash from a personal bank account to an account to be used for the business, $17,000. 2. Paid rent for period of April 2 to end of month,$3,400. 6. Purchased offi ce equipment on account, $10,000. 8. Purchased a used truck for$21,000, paying $2,000 cash and giving a note payable for the remainder. 10. Purchased supplies for cash,$1,800. 12. Received cash for job completed, $13,000 Apr. 15. Paid annual premiums on property and casualty insurance,$1,800. 23. Recorded jobs completed on account and sent invoices to customers, $9,000. 24. Received an invoice for truck expenses, to be paid in April,$1,000.
Enter the following transactions on Page 2 of the two-column journal.
- Paid utilities expense, $1,500.
- Paid miscellaneous expenses,$750.
- Received cash from customers on account, $7,800.
- Paid wages of employees,$4,000.
- Paid creditor a portion of the amount owed for equipment purchased on April 6, $2,500.
- Withdrew cash for personal use,$2,000
- Journalize each transaction in a two-column journal beginning on Page 1, referring to the following chart of accounts in selecting the accounts to be debited and credited. (Do not insert the account numbers in the journal at this time.) Explanations may be omitted.
- Post the journal to a ledger of four-column accounts, inserting appropriate posting references as each item is posted. Extend the balances to the appropriate balance columns after each transaction is posted.
- Prepare an unadjusted trial balance for Intrex Designs as of April 30, 2012.
- Determine the excess of revenues over expenses for April.
- Can you think of any reason why the amount determined in (4) might not be the net income for April?