5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mediastinum/Pericardial Cavity
- Thoracic Cavity
- a the cavity within the rib cage and above the diaphragm; contains the heart, lungs, and so on.
- b On the surfase
- c Within the thoracic cavity; contains the heart
- d A state of balance that the body maintains to stay alive: maintained through positive and negative feed-back loops.
- e A group of organs that act together to perform a specialized body function.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lying far down; underneath several layers
- Farther away from the midline of the body
- Internal glands like the pituitary, thyroid, adreanals, and gonads secrete hormones for body regulation.
- A skeleton of 206 bones and the joints between them provide support and a framework for body movement
- Divides the bady into equal right and left halves
5 True/False questions
Anatomy → The science of the structure of the body and its parts
Distal → Farther away from the main mass of the body
Lymphatic System → Organs like the stomach and intestines take food and break it down into nutrients that the body can use
Respiratory System → The kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra work together to remove waste products and excess water and transport urine out of the body.
proximal → Closer to the main mass of the body