5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Spinal cavity
- Abdominopelvic cavity
- Nervous System
- a Organs like the brain, spinal cord, and nerves make communication within the body, learning, and memory possible.
- b Lying far down; underneath several layers
- c The cavity below the diaphragm ; containd the abdominal and pelvic cavities
- d A structure of the body that is made up of a group of tissues and performs a specialized function.
- e The cavity within the spinal column; houses the spinal cord.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Divides the bady into equal right and left halves
- Specialized sense organs (ears, eyes, nose, and tongue) make possible the special senses of hearing, sight, smell, and taste.
- The muscles of the body provide movement and body heat
- Made up of the thoracic and abdominopelvic cavities
- Slanting plane; a plane that is not in any of the other planes
5 True/False questions
Mediastinum/Pericardial Cavity → The cavity below the diaphragm ; containd the abdominal and pelvic cavities
Anterior/ventral → Toward the back surface
Respiratory System → The kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra work together to remove waste products and excess water and transport urine out of the body.
Reproductive System → Internal glands like the pituitary, thyroid, adreanals, and gonads secrete hormones for body regulation.
Anabolism → the "breaking down" phase of metabolism (i.e., food is broken down into nutrients that the body can use)