5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Oblique Plane
- Muscular System
- Frontal Plane / Coronal Plane
- a The muscles of the body provide movement and body heat
- b Slanting plane; a plane that is not in any of the other planes
- c Above: in a higher position
- d A state of balance that the body maintains to stay alive: maintained through positive and negative feed-back loops.
- e Divides the body into anterior and posterior proportions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Contains most of the digestive organs, liver, and the spleen.
- Organs like the brain, spinal cord, and nerves make communication within the body, learning, and memory possible.
- Toward the back surface
- Specialized sense organs (ears, eyes, nose, and tongue) make possible the special senses of hearing, sight, smell, and taste.
- The skin and the accessory organs in it (e.g., hair, nails, glands) provide external support and protection.
5 True/False questions
Cranial Cavity → The cavity within the spinal column; houses the spinal cord.
proximal → closer to the midline of the body
Endocrine System → Internal glands like the pituitary, thyroid, adreanals, and gonads secrete hormones for body regulation.
Catabolism → the "breaking down" phase of metabolism (i.e., food is broken down into nutrients that the body can use)
Distal → Toward the tailbone or sacrum