5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nas & rhin
- anoxemia hypoxemia
- eu eupnea
- pulmonary edema
- Hyper hypercapnia
- a nose
- b good normal normal breathing (-pnea)
- c Accumulation of fluid in the alveoli and interstitial spaces; most common cause is left sided congestive heart failure.
- d Absence or deficency of oxygen in the blood.
- e excessive, above normal excess amount of carbon dioxide (-capnia) in the blood
5 Multiple choice questions
- Blood clot or other mateial that travels through the bloodstream and lodges in the pulmonary vessels. Blood or heart.
- Condition in which breathing is easier in an upright position, either sitting or standing.
- blood spitting (-ptysis) up blood
- pertaining to (-ar) the microscopic air sacs (alveoli) at the end of the bronchioles
- Surgical opening through the base of the neck into the treacha for the insertion of a tube to create an open airway. The person breathes through this opening bypassing the upper airways.
5 True/False questions
anoxia hypoxia → Absence or deficency of oxygen in the blood.
pneumon pneumonia → air lung collection of air or gas in the pleural cavity
pectoral → pertaining to the chest
ox → oxygen
thoracic surgery → A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.