5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pulmonary embolus (PE)
- thoracic surgery
- pneumon pneumonia
- a the uppermost cartilage which closes over the top of the larynx during swalling to prevent food entry into the airway
- b Blood clot or other mateial that travels through the bloodstream and lodges in the pulmonary vessels. Blood or heart.
- c Surgery involving the rib cage and structures contained within the chest.
- d surgical repair (-plasty) of the nose to correct an anatomic defect or for cosmetic purposes
- e lung
5 Multiple choice questions
- blood spitting (-ptysis) up blood
- slow slow breathing (-pnea)
- rapid rapid breathing (-pnea)
- straight labored breathing (-pnea) that occurs when lying flat and is relieed by sitting up one of the classic symptoms of ventricular heart failure
- pertaining to (-ar) the microscopic air sacs (alveoli) at the end of the bronchioles
5 True/False questions
bradypnea → tempory cessation of breathing or respirations
nasal → without
lobectomy → lobe excision (-ectomy) of a lobe of any organ or gland
ox anoxia → oxygen an abnormal condition (-is) characterized by a lack of oxygen the prefix an- means "without" "not"
dyspnea → tempory cessation of breathing or respirations