5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ortho orthopnea
- internal respiration
- ox anoxia
- a A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
- b the uppermost cartilage which closes over the top of the larynx during swalling to prevent food entry into the airway
- c the exchange of gases between the bloodstream and the cells at the cell level
- d straight labored breathing (-pnea) that occurs when lying flat and is relieed by sitting up one of the classic symptoms of ventricular heart failure
- e oxygen an abnormal condition (-is) characterized by a lack of oxygen the prefix an- means "without" "not"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Surgical opening through the base of the neck into the treacha for the insertion of a tube to create an open airway. The person breathes through this opening bypassing the upper airways.
- Insertion of a nedle between the ribs and into the pleural space.
- air lung collection of air or gas in the pleural cavity
- forming an opening (-stomy) by incising the skin over the trachea to permit an open airway A tracheostomy is performed as an emergency procedure when the airway is blocked
5 True/False questions
pulmonary embolus (PE) → Blood clot or other mateial that travels through the bloodstream and lodges in the pulmonary vessels. Blood or heart.
anoxemia hypoxemia → Absence or deficency of oxygen in the blood.
ia → oxygen
dys dysphonis → Dificult or painful respirations; this can be due to exertion or pathological condition or injury.
pulmonary edema → Localized colledtion of puss in the lunngs.