5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cronic obstructive pulmonary didease COPD
- ortho orthopnea
- a pertaining to (-ar) the microscopic air sacs (alveoli) at the end of the bronchioles
- b Any pathological process with cronic obstruction of thd bronchial tubes
- c Condition in which breathing is easier in an upright position, either sitting or standing.
- d Surgical opening through the base of the neck into the treacha for the insertion of a tube to create an open airway. The person breathes through this opening bypassing the upper airways.
- e straight labored breathing (-pnea) that occurs when lying flat and is relieed by sitting up one of the classic symptoms of ventricular heart failure
5 Multiple choice questions
- chest instrument (-scope) used to transmit sounds produced by the body
- abnormal condition
- Surgery involving the rib cage and structures contained within the chest.
- the exchange of gases between the air in the lungs and the bloodstream
- Dificult or painful respirations; this can be due to exertion or pathological condition or injury.
5 True/False questions
anoxia hypoxia → Absence or deficency of oxygen in the blood.
cyanosis → Bluish discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes caused by the prescence of reduced hemoglobin
thoracentesis → Insertion of a nedle between the ribs and into the pleural space.
bronchoscopy → smaller (-ole) tubular branches that are extensions of the bronchi
lobectomy → A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.