5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a pertaining to (-ar) the microscopic air sacs (alveoli) at the end of the bronchioles
- b Insertion of a nedle between the ribs and into the pleural space.
- c Dificult or painful respirations; this can be due to exertion or pathological condition or injury.
- d oxygen
- e blood condition
5 Multiple choice questions
- pleura pertaining to (-itic) an inflamation of the pleura
- A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
- bronchus (plural, bronchi) involuntary contraction or twitching (-spasm) of the smooth muscle in the bronchi This condition causes narrowing of the airway and occurs in asthnma and bronchitis
- surgical repair (-plasty) of the nose to correct an anatomic defect or for cosmetic purposes
- Accumulation of fluid in the alveoli and interstitial spaces; most common cause is left sided congestive heart failure.
5 True/False questions
apnea → without
auscultation → use of the stethoscope to listen to sounds within the body, especially in the chest neck and abdomen; used to detect crackels or wheezes in the lungs, pleural rubs, and other physiological phenomena.
lobectomy → lobe excision (-ectomy) of a lobe of any organ or gland
ortho orthopnea → straight labored breathing (-pnea) that occurs when lying flat and is relieed by sitting up one of the classic symptoms of ventricular heart failure
internal respiration → the exchange of gases between the bloodstream and the cells at the cell level