5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- anoxia hypoxia
- thorac thoracocentesis
- pulmonary thrombus
- thoracic surgery
- a chest puncture (-centesis ) of the chest to remove fluids
- b blood clot that doesn't travel.
- c Surgery involving the rib cage and structures contained within the chest.
- d Absence or deficiency of oxygen in the tissues.
- e abnormal condition
5 Multiple choice questions
- blood condition
- forming an opening (-stomy) by incising the skin over the trachea to permit an open airway A tracheostomy is performed as an emergency procedure when the airway is blocked
- tempory cessation of breathing or respirations
- pleura pertaining to (-itic) an inflamation of the pleura
- chest instrument (-scope) used to transmit sounds produced by the body
5 True/False questions
anoxemia hypoxemia → Absence or deficiency of oxygen in the tissues.
ortho orthopnea → Condition in which breathing is easier in an upright position, either sitting or standing.
bronchiole → smaller (-ole) tubular branches that are extensions of the bronchi
dys dysphonis → Bluish discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes caused by the prescence of reduced hemoglobin
nasal → condition