5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ox anoxia
- pulmonary edema
- a Accumulation of fluid in the alveoli and interstitial spaces; most common cause is left sided congestive heart failure.
- b oxygen an abnormal condition (-is) characterized by a lack of oxygen the prefix an- means "without" "not"
- c pertaining to the nose
- d abnormal condition
- e pertaining to the chest
5 Multiple choice questions
- Surgery involving the rib cage and structures contained within the chest.
- blood condition
- chest instrument (-scope) used to transmit sounds produced by the body
- tempory cessation of breathing or respirations
- pleura pertaining to (-itic) an inflamation of the pleura
5 True/False questions
an- → oxygen
pneum pneumothorax → lung
lobectomy → A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
thoracotomy → A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
brady bradypnea → Abnormal slow breathing evidenced by a respiratory rate of less than 12 respirations per minute