5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Deltaic Plain
- Chenier Plain
- Coastal Marsh
- a A wetter cultural subregions of South Louisiana
- b The older part of Louisiana, formed during the Mesozoic (250 m.y.a. to 65 m.y.a.) and Cenozoic Eras (65 m.y.a to the present).
- c The coastline of southeast Louisiana from Pearl River to Marsh Island.
- d ___ lakes are formed when clay plugs form and the river bypasses an old meander. The new course is called a neck cutoff.
- e A twenty mile wide strip along the Gulf Coast from Marsh Island to the Sabine River.
5 Multiple choice questions
- After the 1927 flood the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers added ___ to the levee system.
- Spanish ___ were enticed by the Spanish colonial government to leave the Canary Islands and settle in Louisiana to reinforce the Spanish presence in the formerly French colony.
- ___ control is an ongoing struggle on the Mississippi River Alluvial Plain.
- The ___ Hills were formed by material left behind by glaciers.
- More ethnically French; more associated with the Roman Catholic branch of the Christian faith; historically more engaged in sugar cane farming.
5 True/False questions
trade → The ___ River is currently a tributary of the Mississippi River, but in the past has gone straight to the Gulf of Mexico.
towhead → A "___ island" forms when the river partially flows through a meander and partially through a "chute cutoff."
Salt domes → ___ such as Avery Island, are found on the Chenier Plain.
Creole → Originally meant a person of French ancestry born in a colony. Later it referred to persons of mixed French and African-American heritage.
consequences → The first European settlers of north Louisiana. Settled around Natchitoches.