5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Atchafalaya Delta
- North Louisiana
- a Today the ___ is over 76 square miles and growing. It is an exception to the coastal erosion on other places in the Deltaic Plain and Chenier Plain.
- b After the 1927 flood the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers added ___ to the levee system.
- c More ethnically Anglo; more associated with the Protestant branch of the Christian faith; historically more engaged in cotton farming
- d Pioneers, many came to north Louisiana to grow cotton before the Civil War
- e ___ control is an ongoing struggle on the Mississippi River Alluvial Plain.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A ___ is made of clay forced to the surface of the earth by the weight of sediments.
- The cultural subregions of South Louisiana include this flat area.
- The impacts of human inhabitants may be deliberate or accidental. Many human attempts at changing the landscape have unintended ___.
- Today the U.S. ___ prevents changes on the course of the Mississippi River.
- Early ___ immigrants in New Orleans often took on French versions of their last names. They had a mutual aid society in New Orleans by 1843. The largest wave of their immigration was from 1890 to 1910.
5 True/False questions
Itasca → The Mississippi River runs from Lake ___ in Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico.
meander belt → The snake-like turns in the Mississippi River are called ___. They are common to old rivers. ___ form as the river slows and silt is deposited.
Spanish → Descendants of the settlers of Texas, mainly in the Zwolle, Louisiana area in north Louisiana.
Jews → The ___ River is currently a tributary of the Mississippi River, but in the past has gone straight to the Gulf of Mexico.
Isleños → German immigrants to New Orleans included Protestants, Catholics, and ___. Many were skilled tradesmen and entrepreneurs.