5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Roman Catholic
- a The ___ were Canadians expelled by the British. They came after the original wave of French immigration.
- b ___ prevented the Mississippi River from flooding the city.
- c Off-shore ___ rigs in the Gulf of Mexico brought ___ refining to South Louisiana in the 1960s.
- d Just as the Protestant branch of Christianity was dominant in north Louisiana, the ___ branch of Christianity is predominant in south Louisiana.
- e ___ made the commute from the Garden District to Downtown faster and encouraged the development of residential districts around New Orleans.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Both the Spanish and French nations are historically associated with the ___ faith.
- Improvements in public health and medicine reduced disease-related fears of living in the ___ environment of New Orleans.
- The original French pioneers were ___.
- New Orleans has long been a center of ___ serving the agricultural and later industrial sectors of Louisiana's economy.
- Africans were imported as slaves because ___ slaves died from smallpox or escaped into familiar country.
5 True/False questions
sugar cane → The French created ___ plantations and brought the first African slaves into Louisiana to work in the cane fields.
Bienville → New Orleans has long been a center of ___ serving the agricultural and later industrial sectors of Louisiana's economy.
Protestant → North Louisiana has historically been more associated with the ___ branch of the Christian faith, though other faiths have long been represented in the region.
Henry Miller Shreve → ___ invented steamboats powerful enough to go up the Mississippi River and crane-boats to open the log jam on the Red River, railroads.
environments → Places shape people as they adapt to various ___.