5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Orleans
- a Off-shore ___ rigs in the Gulf of Mexico brought ___ refining to South Louisiana in the 1960s.
- b New Orleans has long been a center of ___ serving the agricultural and later industrial sectors of Louisiana's economy.
- c ___ was established to enable the French to control trade on the Mississippi River. It remains a major American port city.
- d ___ made the commute from the Garden District to Downtown faster and encouraged the development of residential districts around New Orleans.
- e The ___ were Canadians expelled by the British. They came after the original wave of French immigration.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The ___ branch of Christianity arrived first in north Louisiana at Natchitoches and Los Adaes.
- Though established by the French under ___ in 1718, New Orleans has long been home to many ethnic groups that form its unique cultural gumbo.
- North Louisiana has historically been more associated with the ___ branch of the Christian faith, though other faiths have long been represented in the region.
- ___invented the process to refine chunky turbinado crystals into refined white sugar.
- The original business of Louisiana was the trade in ___ between the French and Native Americans.
5 True/False questions
sugar cane → The ___ were Canadians expelled by the British. They came after the original wave of French immigration.
Levees → The original business of Louisiana was the trade in ___ between the French and Native Americans.
Roman Catholic → Both the Spanish and French nations are historically associated with the ___ faith.
Roman Catholic → The ___ branch of Christianity arrived first in north Louisiana at Natchitoches and Los Adaes.
cotton → Africans forced into slavery in Haiti were coerced into adopting Roman Catholicism. However, they blended Catholic saints with old African gods and formed ___. It arrived in New Orleans with refugees from a slave revolt in Haiti.