5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Henry Miller Shreve
- electric pumps
- a Many ___ moved west into north Louisiana to raise cotton.
- b The ___ branch of Christianity arrived first in north Louisiana at Natchitoches and Los Adaes.
- c ___ invented steamboats powerful enough to go up the Mississippi River and crane-boats to open the log jam on the Red River, railroads.
- d New Orleans has long been a center of ___ serving the agricultural and later industrial sectors of Louisiana's economy.
- e Areas once uninhabitable around Uptown and the French Quarter were made livable by ___.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The original French pioneers were ___.
- Off-shore ___ rigs in the Gulf of Mexico brought ___ refining to South Louisiana in the 1960s.
- The ___ were Canadians expelled by the British. They came after the original wave of French immigration.
- North Louisiana has historically been more associated with the ___ branch of the Christian faith, though other faiths have long been represented in the region.
- Places shape people as they adapt to various ___.
5 True/False questions
Roman Catholic → Both the Spanish and French nations are historically associated with the ___ faith.
Bienville → New Orleans has long been a center of ___ serving the agricultural and later industrial sectors of Louisiana's economy.
Roman Catholic → The ___ branch of Christianity arrived first in north Louisiana at Natchitoches and Los Adaes.
Caddo → The first off-shore oil rig was built on ___ Lake.
semi-tropical → The original French pioneers were ___.