5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- electric pumps
- Henry Miller Shreve
- Norbert Rillieux
- Roman Catholic
- sugar cane
- a ___invented the process to refine chunky turbinado crystals into refined white sugar.
- b ___ invented steamboats powerful enough to go up the Mississippi River and crane-boats to open the log jam on the Red River, railroads.
- c The French created ___ plantations and brought the first African slaves into Louisiana to work in the cane fields.
- d Areas once uninhabitable around Uptown and the French Quarter were made livable by ___.
- e Just as the Protestant branch of Christianity was dominant in north Louisiana, the ___ branch of Christianity is predominant in south Louisiana.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Both the Spanish and French nations are historically associated with the ___ faith.
- The original business of Louisiana was the trade in ___ between the French and Native Americans.
- Places shape people as they adapt to various ___.
- The ___ were Canadians expelled by the British. They came after the original wave of French immigration.
- ___ was established to enable the French to control trade on the Mississippi River. It remains a major American port city.
5 True/False questions
oil → The original business of Louisiana was the trade in ___ between the French and Native Americans.
Native American → Many ___ moved west into north Louisiana to raise cotton.
semi-tropical → The ___ branch of Christianity arrived first in north Louisiana at Natchitoches and Los Adaes.
Levees → ___ prevented the Mississippi River from flooding the city.
Air conditioning → The ___ were Canadians expelled by the British. They came after the original wave of French immigration.