5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a metal or wood plate added to the surface of a joint to strenghten the connection
- b A measure of deformation of a structure due to applied loads.
- c a layered structure
- d the distance or interval between two points
- e a stress that produces an elongation of an elastic physical body
5 Multiple choice questions
- a structure build entirely of cubes
- truss where the angle of the triangles are facing one way toward the center and the other side of the bridge facing the opposite side
- the weight of the structure itself
- the process or result of becoming smaller or pressed together
- a projecting beam that is attached to a building at one end, but suspended in the air at the other
5 True/False questions
I Beam → the distance or interval between two points
Cable Stay Bridge → is where a cables help support the weight of the structure
Point of deformity → Wall that bears a load resting upon it by conducting its weight to a foundation structure.
Dynamic vs Static Load → Dynamic load is the permanent load of the structure. The weight of the structure alone. Static load is the amounts of weight being added or subtracted to the structure. Like cars going on and off of a bridge.
Strength to Weight Ratio → Where the structure starts to deform