5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cable Stay Bridge
- Load Bearing
- a force that produces strain on a physical body
- b A measure of deformation of a structure due to applied loads.
- c a projecting beam that is attached to a building at one end, but suspended in the air at the other
- d Wall that bears a load resting upon it by conducting its weight to a foundation structure.
- e is where a cables help support the weight of the structure
5 Multiple choice questions
- a structure build entirely of cubes
- a ratio of the amount of weight an object can hold and how much the structure weighs
- a tall cylindrical vertical upright and used to support a structure
- a steel beam in the shape of an I
- the distance or interval between two points
5 True/False questions
Pratt Truss → they are creating and equal lateral triangles
Compression → the process or result of becoming smaller or pressed together
Dynamic vs Static Load → Dynamic load is the permanent load of the structure. The weight of the structure alone. Static load is the amounts of weight being added or subtracted to the structure. Like cars going on and off of a bridge.
Point of deformity → Where the structure starts to deform
Dead Load → a stress that produces an elongation of an elastic physical body