5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Load Bearing
- Square Set Timbering
- Cable Stay Bridge
- a a structure build entirely of cubes
- b a tall cylindrical vertical upright and used to support a structure
- c form an arch or curve
- d Wall that bears a load resting upon it by conducting its weight to a foundation structure.
- e is where a cables help support the weight of the structure
5 Multiple choice questions
- A measure of deformation of a structure due to applied loads.
- act of twisting; stress due to twisting forces exerted on a body
- a projecting beam that is attached to a building at one end, but suspended in the air at the other
- the distance or interval between two points
- Dynamic load is the permanent load of the structure. The weight of the structure alone. Static load is the amounts of weight being added or subtracted to the structure. Like cars going on and off of a bridge.
5 True/False questions
Gusset → a metal or wood plate added to the surface of a joint to strenghten the connection
Dead Load → a stress that produces an elongation of an elastic physical body
Tension → act of twisting; stress due to twisting forces exerted on a body
Pratt Truss → truss where the angle of the triangles are facing one way toward the center and the other side of the bridge facing the opposite side
Compression → act of twisting; stress due to twisting forces exerted on a body