5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Compact Bone Tissue
- Healing process of fracture
- a an immovable fibrous joint that joins skull bones
- b where osteocytes reside
- c contains few spaces and is the strongest form of bone tissue, makes up the bulk of the diaphyses of long bones
- d Movement toward the median plane of the body
- e Hematoma, granulation tissue, callus formation, ossification
5 Multiple choice questions
- held together by dense connective tissue, no synovial cavity. Holds bones together and allows little to no movement.
- Responsible for a bone growing lengthwise
- attach muscle to bone
- biggest foramen in body
- Strengthens bones
5 True/False questions
Circumduction → movement of the distal end of a body part in a circle (in a cone)
Osteogenic cells → unspecialized stem cells that can divide to produce new cells
Spongy Bone Tissue → does not contain osteons. consists of lamellae that are arranged in an irregular lattice of this columns of bone.
Sprain → forcible wrenching or twisting of a joint with partial rupture or other injury to its attachments without dislocation. disarticulation at a joint between ligaments.
Osteocytes → Structural unit of compact bone