5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Osteogenic cells
- a movement away from midline of the body
- b unspecialized stem cells that can divide to produce new cells
- c bone building cells
- d movement of the distal end of a body part in a circle (in a cone)
- e displacement of a bone from a joint with tearing of ligaments, tendons, and articular capsules
5 Multiple choice questions
- contains few spaces and is the strongest form of bone tissue, makes up the bulk of the diaphyses of long bones
- Minerals found in the body
- Tough connection tissue membrane that covers the bone, responsible for bone growth.
- held together by dense connective tissue, no synovial cavity. Holds bones together and allows little to no movement.
- mature bone cells, the most numerous cells in osseous tissue and maintain its daily metabolism
5 True/False questions
Extension → An increase in the angle between two bones
Spongy Bone Tissue → does not contain osteons. consists of lamellae that are arranged in an irregular lattice of this columns of bone.
canaliculi → allows osteocytes to communicate
Opterator foramen → Age related disorder characterized by decrease bone mass and increased susceptibility to fractures, often as a result in decreased levels of estrogens
Effects of Exercise → Strengthens bones