The nurse is caring for a first day postoperative surgical client. Prioritize the patient's desired dietary progression. Arrange in sequence the dietary progression from 1 to 4: 1. Full liquid; 2. NPO; 3. Clear liquid; 4. Soft
1, 2, 3, 4
2, 3, 1, 4
2, 1, 4, 3
4, 3, 2, 1
You are a team leader RN working with a student nurse. The student nurse is to teach a patient how to use and MDI without a spacer. Put in correct order the steps that the student nurse should teach the patient.
• A. Remove the inhaler cap and shake the inhaler
• B. Open your mouth and place the mouthpiece 1 to 2 inches away
• C. Tilt your head back and breathe out fully
• D. Hold your breath for at least 10 seconds
• E. Press down firmly on the canister and breathe deeply through your mouth
• F. Wait at least 1 minute between puffs.
A A, C, B, D, E, F.
B A, C, B, E, D, F.
C C, A, B, E, D, F.
D C, A, B, D, E, F.