5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Winston Churchill
- War Production Board
- Adolf Hitler
- a Turning point in the war in the Pacific in favor of the Allies
- b leader of Nazi Party and Dictator of the German Empire
- c Prime Minister of Great Britain during WWII
- d giving Hitler what he wanted so he would stop aggression
- e government agency created during World War II to help factories shift from making consumer goods to making war materials
5 Multiple choice questions
- Invasion of this nation by Hitler led to Allies declaring war on Germany
- American President who made the decision to drop the atomic bomb
- Signed in 1938 between Great Britain, Germany, and France that gave part of Czechoslovakia to Germany; Chamberlain said it guaranteed "peace in our time"
- WWII agency contributes $100Ms to scientific projects like Manhattan, radar, sonar, etc
- (Night of the Broken Glass) November 9, 1938, when mobs throughout Germany destroyed Jewish property and terrorized Jews.
5 True/False questions
"Final Solution" → the gathering of resources and preparation for war.
Lend-Lease Act → Allowed president to "rent" arms to "any country whose defense is vital to the U.S."
internment → relocation of Japanese Americans to camps in the United States
blitzkrieg → German for lightning war; the swift attacks launched by Germany in World War II
Franklin D. Roosevelt → President of the US during Great Depression and start of World War II