5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Harry Truman
- a Invasion of this nation by Hitler led to Allies declaring war on Germany
- b German for lightning war; the swift attacks launched by Germany in World War II
- c Turning point in the war in the Pacific in favor of the Allies
- d Alliance of Britain, France and eventually United States
- e American President who made the decision to drop the atomic bomb
5 Multiple choice questions
- Prime Minister of Great Britain during WWII
- (Night of the Broken Glass) November 9, 1938, when mobs throughout Germany destroyed Jewish property and terrorized Jews.
- Day that marked the invasion of Nazi-controlled Europe
- Signed in 1938 between Great Britain, Germany, and France that gave part of Czechoslovakia to Germany; Chamberlain said it guaranteed "peace in our time"
- the organized killing of European Jews and others by the Nazis during WWII
5 True/False questions
rationing → The limiting of the amounts of goods people can buy - often imposed by governments during wartime.
Manhattan Project → secret project to make Atomic Bomb
Lend-Lease Act → giving Hitler what he wanted so he would stop aggression
Pearl Harbor → the gathering of resources and preparation for war.
appeasement → giving Hitler what he wanted so he would stop aggression