5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- conservation of momentum
- a the total momentum of the two objects before the collsion is equal to the total momentum of the two objects after the collsion . That is, the momentum lost by object 1 is equal to the momentum gained by object 2
- b the action that results form doing something (W=fxd) Work =force times distance
work is equal to the force applied multiplied by the distance an object is moved
- c the movement of an object around another object
- d sliding, rolling, fluid, static
- e a push or a pull
5 Multiple choice questions
- the rate at which velocity changes; an object accelerates if its speed and / or direction changes. Acceleration may be postitive(increasing) or negative (decreasing)
- 1an object in motion will remain in motion or an object at rest will remain at rest unless acted upon by an outside force.
2the accelaration of an object is equal to the mass of that object and the force applied
3 for every action force there is an equal and opposite reaction force.
- the SI unit of force.
- motion in a straight line
- our solar system is part of this galaxy. It contains single stars , double stars, asteroids, meteors, and gas and dust.It is an elliptical shape.
5 True/False questions
orbit → the path of an object as it revolves around another object
speed → the daily rise and fall of earth's waters on shores
weight → the path of an object as it revolves around another object
tide → the daily rise and fall of earth's waters on shores
unbalanced force → forces acting on an object that cause the net orce to be greater than zero