5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Direct Object
- Predicate Nominative
- Transitive Verb
- a Shows action or state of being
- b a noun or pronoun that receives the action of the verb (or is impacted by the verb); they CANNOT be part of a prepositional phrase
- c A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.
- d an action verb that HAS a direct object
- e doing the work of an adjective
5 Multiple choice questions
- To be, to seem, to become
- an action verb that DOES NOT have a direct object
- Person, place, thing, idea, or concept
- Another word for a "helping" verb
- Shows tense, necessity/possibility, provides emphasis, and smooths question asking
5 True/False questions
Preposition → Connects words, phrases and clauses
Linking → A verb that shows state of being, behaves like an equals sign in the sentence.
Adverbial → Doing the work of an adverb
Adjectives → tell which one, what kind, how many, how much
Subject → What the sentence is about or who/what does the action of a sentence.