5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Auxiliary Verb
- a Another word for a "helping" verb
- b Shows action or state of being
- c tell which one, what kind, how many, how much
- d A verb that shows state of being, behaves like an equals sign in the sentence.
- e Needs an object to form a phrase
5 Multiple choice questions
- modifies verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
- An adjective that follows a linking verb and completes the equals sign equation.
- A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.
- Connects words, phrases and clauses
- an action verb that HAS a direct object
5 True/False questions
Adjectival → doing the work of an adjective
Intransitive Verb → an action verb that HAS a direct object
Article → Noun locator - they say "look, a noun is coming" (technically, they are adjectives)
Noun → Person, place, thing, idea, or concept
Helping Verb → Shows tense, necessity/possibility, provides emphasis, and smooths question asking