5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Helping Verb
- a Doing the work of an adverb
- b modifies nouns and pronouns
- c Shows tense, necessity/possibility, provides emphasis, and smooths question asking
- d Shows excitement or emotion
- e Needs an object to form a phrase
5 Multiple choice questions
- To be, to seem, to become
- Takes the place of (does the work of) a noun
- Another word for a "helping" verb
- A verb that shows state of being, behaves like an equals sign in the sentence.
- modifies verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
5 True/False questions
Subject → What the sentence is about or who/what does the action of a sentence.
Verb → Shows action or state of being
Article → Noun locator - they say "look, a noun is coming" (technically, they are adjectives)
Adverbs → tell time, location, manner, degree, purpose
Predicate Nominative → A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.