5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Direct Object
- a Noun locator - they say "look, a noun is coming" (technically, they are adjectives)
- b Doing the work of an adverb
- c What the sentence is about or who/what does the action of a sentence.
- d doing the work of an adjective
- e a noun or pronoun that receives the action of the verb (or is impacted by the verb); they CANNOT be part of a prepositional phrase
5 Multiple choice questions
- Shows excitement or emotion
- An adjective that follows a linking verb and completes the equals sign equation.
- an action verb that HAS a direct object
- A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.
- Shows action or state of being
5 True/False questions
Adjectives → tell which one, what kind, how many, how much
Helping Verb → Shows what's happening (what the subject is DOING) in the sentence; can be transitive or intransitive
Conjunction → modifies nouns and pronouns
Linking → A verb that shows state of being, behaves like an equals sign in the sentence.
Adjective → modifies nouns and pronouns