5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Predicate Nominative
- Intransitive Verb
- Auxiliary Verb
- Predicate Adjective
- a an action verb that DOES NOT have a direct object
- b A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.
- c Takes the place of (does the work of) a noun
- d An adjective that follows a linking verb and completes the equals sign equation.
- e Another word for a "helping" verb
5 Multiple choice questions
- What the sentence is about or who/what does the action of a sentence.
- doing the work of an adjective
- a noun or pronoun that receives the action of the verb (or is impacted by the verb); they CANNOT be part of a prepositional phrase
- Shows tense, necessity/possibility, provides emphasis, and smooths question asking
- tell time, location, manner, degree, purpose
5 True/False questions
Adverbial → modifies verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
Adverb → tell time, location, manner, degree, purpose
Conjunction → Connects words, phrases and clauses
Verb → modifies verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
Noun → Takes the place of (does the work of) a noun