5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Transitive Verb
- a modifies verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
- b doing the work of an adjective
- c an action verb that HAS a direct object
- d What the sentence is about or who/what does the action of a sentence.
- e A verb that shows state of being, behaves like an equals sign in the sentence.
5 Multiple choice questions
- To be, to seem, to become
- Another word for a "helping" verb
- Shows what's happening (what the subject is DOING) in the sentence; can be transitive or intransitive
- tell time, location, manner, degree, purpose
- Person, place, thing, idea, or concept
5 True/False questions
Conjunction → Connects words, phrases and clauses
Helping Verb → Shows tense, necessity/possibility, provides emphasis, and smooths question asking
Interjection → Connects words, phrases and clauses
Preposition → Connects words, phrases and clauses
Predicate Adjective → A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.