5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- SNAPs (soluble NSF-attachments proteins)
- syntaxin and SNAP-25
- a partially blocks post synaptic ACh receptors when placed in the extracellular medium. Used to study EPPs and MEPPs.
- b Involved in priming synaptic vesicles for release. Work by regulating the assembly of SNARE proteins.
- c reversibly binds to synaptic vesicles and may cross link vesicle to actin filaments in the cytoskeleton to keep the vesicles tethered within the reserve pool.
- d T-SNARE proteins embedded to the pre-synapatic membrane; attach to synaptic vesicles for vesicle fusion
- e How neurotransmitters are referred to when two or more of them are present in the same nerve terminal.
5 Multiple choice questions
- chemical agents acting as messengers between the communicating neurons. Released from vesicle when the is a large Ca++ influx into the cell. How many are released depends on how much Ca++ enters the terminal.
- Make electrical synapses possible. Consists of hexameric subunits made up of subunits called connexons.
- a kinase that phosphorylates synapsin and causes it to let go of the synaptic vesicles it is holding in the reserve pool
- an ATPase involved in priming synaptic vesicle for fusion
- a V-SNARE protein that binds to the synaptic vesicle before exocytosis
5 True/False questions
hsc-70 → a kinase that phosphorylates synapsin and causes it to let go of the synaptic vesicles it is holding in the reserve pool
synaptic vesicle cycle → recycling process for synaptic vesicle. Process takes about 1 minute.
dynamin → a protein that causes the final pinching-off of the membrane that completes the production of coated vesicles in the synaptic vesicle cycle.
small clear-core vesicle → Package neuropeptides. These vesicles are much larger in size than small clear-core vesicles. Made in the soma and shipped down to the terminal via fast axonal transport.
Electrical synapses → reversibly binds to synaptic vesicles and may cross link vesicle to actin filaments in the cytoskeleton to keep the vesicles tethered within the reserve pool.