5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ghost Dance
- Johnson-O'malley Act
- Bozeman Trail
- Indian Preference
- Public Law 280
- a Ritual that celebrated a hoped for day of reckoning when settlers would disappear, buffalo would return, and Natives would reunite with ancestors (leaded to Wounded Knee)
- b - authorized secretary of interior to contract with states/ agencies to provide educational services, medical services, agricultural assistance, and social welfare
- c if they have an opening then natives get first pick in selection process of a job
- d A method where the US government may assume jurisdiction over Indian reservation land. The act mandated the transfer of legal jurisdiction over to the states.
- e hjh, In attempts to block the construction of this road to MT, Sioux (under Chief Red Cloud) massacred and mutilated 82 soldiers under Capt. Fetterman's command
5 Multiple choice questions
- separation into portions
- In Off-reservation boarding schools, Indian students were placed in nearby homes of white residents and sometimes became virtual slaves.
- cactus the yeilds a hallucinogenic drug substance used by Native American Indian groups to produce visions
- In 1876, Indian leaders Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse defeated Custer's troops who tried to force them back on to the reservation, Custer and all his men died
- Dawes - Land granted to indian to hope assimilate them into society 1887-1934
5 True/False questions
House of concurrent resolution 108 → officially started the termination of tribes
Wounded Knee Massacre → 1890 Indian police officers tried to arrest Sitting Bull but when he resisted they shot and killed him, his followers were taken to Wounded Knee and while being disarmed someone fired a shot and the soldiers opened fire and killed over 200 Sioux
National indian gaming commission → led by Dennis Banks and Russell Means; purpose was to obtain equal rights for Native Americans; protested at the site of the Wounded Knee massacre
Indian reorganization act → (1988) - authorized casinos on reservations and provided for regulation through the national Indian gaming commission
Meriam Report → The Indian name given to the Black Hills of the Dakota territory.