5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a (adj) uncontrolled, lacking in restraint
- b (n.) a standstill resulting from the opposition of two equal forces or fractions.
(v.) to bring to such a standstill.
- c (v.) to wipe out; to keep oneself from being noticed
- d (n.) an opening, gap, rupture, rift; a violation or infraction; (v.) to create an opening, break through
- e (v.) to caution or advise against something; to scold mildly; to remind of a duty
5 Multiple choice questions
- (n.) a difficult or perplexing situation or problem
- (adj.) to seize for military or official use
- (n.) a bandit, robber, outlaw, highwayman
- (v.) to let go, give up
- (v.) to make a mess of; muddle through: to get by; (n.) a hopeless mess
5 True/False questions
spasmodic → (v.) to caution or advise against something; to scold mildly; to remind of a duty
diffuse → (v.) to spread or scatter freely or widely.
(adj.) wordy or longwinded , or unfocused;scattered or widely spread.
cumbersome → (adj.) Clumsy, hard to handle; slow-moving
predispose → (v.) to incline to beforehand
debris → (n.) scattered fragments, wreckage.