5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a (adj) uncontrolled, lacking in restraint
- b (v.) to incline to beforehand
- c (v.) to make a mess of; muddle through: to get by; (n.) a hopeless mess
- d (adj.) lasting for a long time, persistent; (n.) a plant that lives for many years
- e (adj.) Clumsy, hard to handle; slow-moving
5 Multiple choice questions
- (n.) an opening, gap, rupture, rift; a violation or infraction; (v.) to create an opening, break through
- (adj.) stubborn and often unreasonable in holding to one's own ideas, having a closed mind
- (v.) to caution or advise against something; to scold mildly; to remind of a duty
- (v.) to spread or scatter freely or widely.
(adj.) wordy or longwinded , or unfocused;scattered or widely spread.
- (n.) a standstill resulting from the opposition of two equal forces or fractions.
(v.) to bring to such a standstill.
5 True/False questions
spurious → (adj.) not genuine, not true, not valid
Commandeer → (n.) a bandit, robber, outlaw, highwayman
debris → (n.) scattered fragments, wreckage.
circumspect → (adj.) careful, cautious
salvage → (v.) to wipe out; to keep oneself from being noticed