5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a (adj.) stubborn and often unreasonable in holding to one's own ideas, having a closed mind
- b (adj.) careful, cautious
- c (n.) scattered fragments, wreckage.
- d (n.) a bandit, robber, outlaw, highwayman
- e (adj.) not genuine, not true, not valid
5 Multiple choice questions
- (adj.) to seize for military or official use
- (n.) an opening, gap, rupture, rift; a violation or infraction; (v.) to create an opening, break through
- (v.) to caution or advise against something; to scold mildly; to remind of a duty
- (v.) to spread or scatter freely or widely.
(adj.) wordy or longwinded , or unfocused;scattered or widely spread.
- (n.) a standstill resulting from the opposition of two equal forces or fractions.
(v.) to bring to such a standstill.
5 True/False questions
cumbersome → (adj) uncontrolled, lacking in restraint
dilemma → (n.) a difficult or perplexing situation or problem
unbridled → (n.) a bandit, robber, outlaw, highwayman
salvage → (v.) to save from fire or shipwreck; (n.) property thus saved
muddle → (v.) to make a mess of; muddle through: to get by; (n.) a hopeless mess