5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a (v.) to incline to beforehand
- b (v.) to let go, give up
- c (n.) a standstill resulting from the opposition of two equal forces or fractions.
(v.) to bring to such a standstill.
- d (v.) to make a mess of; muddle through: to get by; (n.) a hopeless mess
- e (n.) a bandit, robber, outlaw, highwayman
5 Multiple choice questions
- (adj) uncontrolled, lacking in restraint
- (adj.) Clumsy, hard to handle; slow-moving
- (n.) an opening, gap, rupture, rift; a violation or infraction; (v.) to create an opening, break through
- (adj.) sudden and violent but brief; fitful; intermittent
- (adj.) lasting for a long time, persistent; (n.) a plant that lives for many years
5 True/False questions
circumspect → (adj.) careful, cautious
spurious → (n.) scattered fragments, wreckage.
admonish → (v.) to caution or advise against something; to scold mildly; to remind of a duty
opinionated → (adj.) stubborn and often unreasonable in holding to one's own ideas, having a closed mind
dilemma → (n.) a difficult or perplexing situation or problem