5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The act that was an attempt to pacify slaveholders during 1850 that required all citizens to help catch runaways (runaway slaves)
- The president of the Confederate States of America
- How did Stephen Douglas help win approval of the Compromise of 1850?
- What action did south carolina take after lincoln won the election of 1860?
- loyalty to a region
- a south carolina fought back
- b He divided it into parts that could be voted on separately
- c sectionalism
- d Jefferson Davis
- e Fugitive Slave Act of 1850
5 Multiple choice questions
- It kept the amount of free and slave states the same
- Compromise of 1850
- Republican Party
- find reason to support
5 True/False questions
a storage place for weapons and ammunition → arsenal
how did southerners expect northerners to react to the fugitive slave act? how did the northerners actually react? → they believed that it would force the northerners to recognize the right of the southerners. instead it exposed many northerners to the evils of slavery and many northerners refused to obey the act.
The senator that divided Clay's plan into parts that could be voted on separately → Stephen A. Douglas
The name of the states that seceded from the Union → Confederate States of America
unavoidable → regulate