5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- maturity date
- registered bond
- general obligation bond
- subordinated debenture
- a a bond that is backed by the full faith and credit of the government that issued it.
- b is the date when a bond will be repaid.
- c a report that provides potential investors with detailed information about a particular mutual fund.
- d a bond registered in the owner's name by the company that issues the bond.
- e an unsecured bond that gives bond-holders a claim to interest payments and assets of the corporation only after all other bondholders have been paid.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the profit you make from selling your shares in a mutual fund for a higher price than you paid for them.
- a bond that is registered in the owner's name for the face valule only and not for interest.
- is the rate of return, usually stated as a percentage, earned by an investor who holds a bond for a certain period of time.
- a mutual fund in which in which you pay a commision every time you purchase mutual fund in which you pay a commision every time you purchase shares.
- a mutual fund with an unlimited number of shares that are issued and redeemed by an investment company at the investors' request.
5 True/False questions
net asset value → the dollar amount that the bondholder (person who owns the bond) will recieve at the bond's maturity.
sinking fund → a fund to which a corporation makes deposits for the purpose of paying back a bond issue.
income dividends → a legal document that details all of the conditions pertaining to a particular bond issue.
municipal bond → sometimes called a "muni" is a security issued by a state or local (town,city,county) government to pay for its ongoing activities.
revenue bond → a bond that is not registered in the investor's name.