5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- net asset value
- registered bond
- sinking fund
- maturity date
- income dividends
- a is the date when a bond will be repaid.
- b a bond registered in the owner's name by the company that issues the bond.
- c a fund to which a corporation makes deposits for the purpose of paying back a bond issue.
- d amount one share of a mutual fund is worth.
- e are the earnings a fund pays to shareholders.
5 Multiple choice questions
- is the rate of return, usually stated as a percentage, earned by an investor who holds a bond for a certain period of time.
- allows a corporation to buy back bonds from bondholders before the maturity date.
- a mutual fund with a fixed number of shares that are issued by an investment company when the fund is first organized.
- the dollar amount that the bondholder (person who owns the bond) will recieve at the bond's maturity.
- are bonds issued at the same time that mature on different dates.
5 True/False questions
subordinated debenture → a legal document that details all of the conditions pertaining to a particular bond issue.
zero-coupon bond → sometimes called a "muni" is a security issued by a state or local (town,city,county) government to pay for its ongoing activities.
convertible bond → a bond that an investor can trade for shares of the corporation's common stock.
prospects → a report that provides potential investors with detailed information about a particular mutual fund.
capital gain → the profit you make from selling your shares in a mutual fund for a higher price than you paid for them.