5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- capital gain distributions
- bond indenture
- serial bonds
- call feature
- income dividends
- a are bonds issued at the same time that mature on different dates.
- b a legal document that details all of the conditions pertaining to a particular bond issue.
- c allows a corporation to buy back bonds from bondholders before the maturity date.
- d are the earnings a fund pays to shareholders.
- e are payments made to shareholders that result from the sale of securities in the fund's portfolio.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a mutual fund with a fixed number of shares that are issued by an investment company when the fund is first organized.
- a bond that an investor can trade for shares of the corporation's common stock.
- sometimes referred to as a secured bond, is a bond that is backed by assets of the corporation.
- a bond that is repaid from the income generated by the project it is designed to finance.
- a bond tha provides no interest payments and is redeemed for its face value at maturity.
5 True/False questions
sinking fund → a fund to which a corporation makes deposits for the purpose of paying back a bond issue.
open-end fund → a mutual fund with a fixed number of shares that are issued by an investment company when the fund is first organized.
maturity date → is the date when a bond will be repaid.
investment grade bonds → a bond registered in the owner's name by the company that issues the bond.
municipal bond → sometimes called a "muni" is a security issued by a state or local (town,city,county) government to pay for its ongoing activities.