5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- investment grade bonds
- subordinated debenture
- income dividends
- no-load fund
- maturity date
- a is the date when a bond will be repaid.
- b are bonds that are issued by financially stable companies or municipalities.
- c a mutual fund in which the individual investor pays no commision.
- d an unsecured bond that gives bond-holders a claim to interest payments and assets of the corporation only after all other bondholders have been paid.
- e are the earnings a fund pays to shareholders.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a report that provides potential investors with detailed information about a particular mutual fund.
- is the rate of return, usually stated as a percentage, earned by an investor who holds a bond for a certain period of time.
- a bond tha provides no interest payments and is redeemed for its face value at maturity.
- a bond that is not registered in the investor's name.
- a mutual fund in which in which you pay a commision every time you purchase mutual fund in which you pay a commision every time you purchase shares.
5 True/False questions
open-end fund → a mutual fund with an unlimited number of shares that are issued and redeemed by an investment company at the investors' request.
face value → the dollar amount that the bondholder (person who owns the bond) will recieve at the bond's maturity.
mortgage bond → a bond that an investor can trade for shares of the corporation's common stock.
call feature → a bond that is backed only by the reputation of the issuing corporation rather than its specific assets.
capital gain → the profit you make from selling your shares in a mutual fund for a higher price than you paid for them.