Terms in this set (18)
1. What is Newton's first law of motion?
an object at rest tends to stay at rest
2. Describe Newton's first law in your own words.
when i am sleeping don't wake me up
3. Give examples of Newton's first law.
when you are in a race and you cross the finish line don't stop keep going
4. Newton's first law applies to which kind of forces?
5. What is inertia?
the tendency of a moving object to keep moving in a straight line.
6. Give an example of inertia
a race car track
7. What is Newton's second law of motion?
an object acted upon by a force will accelerate in the direction of the force.
8. Describe Newton's second law in your own words.
if you push a toy car north it will go north.
9. Give examples of Newton's secondlaw.
10. What is momentum?
the combination of the mass and the speed of an object is momentum.
11. Give an example of momentum
objects that are side by side moving.
18 wheeler are harder to stop than a small car going the same speed.
12. What is Newton's third law of motion?
a law that states that for every action there is an = and opposite direction
13. Describe Newton's third law in your own words.
somethings go right and somethings go wrong.
Cause and effect
Give examples of Newton's third law.
if you make an F on a project then an A on a project
What is an action-reaction force?
a push or pull on an object.
forces are created at the same time
16. Why don't action-reaction forces cancel each other out?
they cause each other to move
17. What is weightlessness?
state of being without a detectable weight
18. What happens to someone when they are too far to be attracted by Earth's gravitational pull?
they are pushing down to the ground, to hold them down.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
MCAT Physics | Kaplan Guide
Physical Science - Chapter 2
Force, Motion and Friction
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Social Studies - Vocab Chap 13
Ch 11 Rome and Christianity
Chap 11 Vocab - Social Studies
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Science Ch. 13, Section 1-Section 2
(8th Grade) Social Studies Civil Rights Movement Test