Create an account
Cowboys guided huge herds of cattle to this destination so that the herd could be transported to the states in the east.
* 16 hours on horseback a day
* Worked 7 days a week for months.
* Had to guard herd at night to protect them against stampedes set off by lightning, coyotes, or other noises. Would sing to herd to keep calm.
* Varied group - Mexican-American and African-American
Cattle drives came to an end in the _____ _______'s.
* Homesteaders were angry because herds ruined their farms. Fenced their land with barbed wire.
* Expanding railroad lines to Texas decreased need for cattle drives.
Nation's leading supplier of meat because it was a major hub for the railroads. Meat was placed on trains to travel all over country.
Found gold in Rocky Mountains near Denver, Colorado. His find sparked another gold rush and people spread all over the mountains in search of gold.
Most found ______ ______ and collected enough to deposit into a bank. Required long days of work and lots of patience.
A person who starts his/her own business. Ex. restaurants, shops, other ways to meet the needs of people.
Invented a sturdy pair of denim pants with buttons and a zipper that miners could wear and not fall apart while working.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together