5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is Subluxation?
- What is RICE?
- • Bone goes through_
- • Rest is often the only treatment needed _
- How is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome caused?
- a _for bursitis
- b Rest, ice, compression and elevation.
- c Partial or incomplete displacement of the joint surface.
- d _eight stages of self-healing (union).
- e Pressure from trauma or edema caused by inflammation of tendon (tenosynovitis), rheumatoid arthritis or soft tissue masses.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Identifying the precipitating activity, modification of activity, pain management with heat/cold application, rest, physical therapy, for strengthening and conditioning, and lifestyle changes.
- _disruption or break in the continuity of the bone structure.
- Decrease inflammation and pain for most soft tissue injuries.
- Warming up prior to exercising and before vigorous activity followed by stretching.
- _from noncontact when the athlete pivots, lands from a jump, or slows down when running.
5 True/False questions
How can RSI be prevented? → Through education and ergonomics.
What is Dislocation? → Severe injury of the ligamentous structure that surrounds a joint.
How do you prevent CTS? → Prevention involves educating employees and employers to identify risk factors.
What does dislocation require? → Prompt attention. Realignment and then immobilization by bracing, taping or using a sling to allow time for ligaments and tissue to heal.
• Traumatic injuries account for _ → _the majority of fractures