5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- • Signs of fracture include _
- How are strains and sprains classified?
- What is a sprain?
- What is RICE?
- What is Subluxation?
- a Injury to ligamentous structures surrounding a joint, usually caused by wrenching or twisting motion.
- b Rest, ice, compression and elevation.
- c First, second or third degree depending on the amount of damage.
- d _immediate localized pain, decreased function, and inability to bear weight or use affected part. Obvious bone deformity may be present.
- e Partial or incomplete displacement of the joint surface.
5 Multiple choice questions
- _repeated or excessive trauma or friction, rheumatoid arthritis, or infection.
- _displaced (open) or nondisplaced (closed) depending on communication or noncommunication with the external environment.
- _for bursitis
- RSI - cumulative traumatic disorder resulting from repetitive movements, awkward postures or sustained force.
- Pain, edema, and decrease in function.
5 True/False questions
What is nursing care for a disolcation or subluxation? → Similar to dislocation, but may require less time to heal.
How can RSI be prevented? → Prevention involves educating employees and employers to identify risk factors.
• Manifestations of rotator cuff include _ → _shoulder weakness, pain, and decreased range of motion (ROM).
• Rotator cuff injury may occur _ → _from noncontact when the athlete pivots, lands from a jump, or slows down when running.
What are signs of CTS? → Signs are weakness, especially in thumb, burning pain, tingling, numbness, and a positive Phalen's test.