5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What can reduce the risk of sprains and strains?
- • Manifestations of rotator cuff include _
- What is Dislocation?
- What is Carpal tunnel Syndrome?
- How are strains and sprains classified?
- a Severe injury of the ligamentous structure that surrounds a joint.
- b CTS - caused by compression of the median nerve, which enters the hand through carpal tunnel.
- c First, second or third degree depending on the amount of damage.
- d _shoulder weakness, pain, and decreased range of motion (ROM).
- e Warming up prior to exercising and before vigorous activity followed by stretching.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Through education and ergonomics.
- Signs are weakness, especially in thumb, burning pain, tingling, numbness, and a positive Phalen's test.
- Directed toward pain relief and support and protection of the injured joint.
- _disruption or break in the continuity of the bone structure.
- Rest, ice, compression and elevation.
5 True/False questions
• Fractures can be classified as _ → _displaced (open) or nondisplaced (closed) depending on communication or noncommunication with the external environment.
• Rest is often the only treatment needed _ → _for bursitis
• Bone goes through_ → _eight stages of self-healing (union).
What can severe strains require? → Prompt attention. Realignment and then immobilization by bracing, taping or using a sling to allow time for ligaments and tissue to heal.
What is a sprain? → Injury to ligamentous structures surrounding a joint, usually caused by wrenching or twisting motion.