5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the most obvious sign of Dislocation?
- What can reduce the risk of sprains and strains?
- How are strains and sprains classified?
- What are other manifestations of dislocation?
- What is Subluxation?
- a Warming up prior to exercising and before vigorous activity followed by stretching.
- b Local pain, tenderness, loss of function of injured part, and swelling of soft tissues in joint region.
- c Partial or incomplete displacement of the joint surface.
- d Deformity.
- e First, second or third degree depending on the amount of damage.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Injury to ligamentous structures surrounding a joint, usually caused by wrenching or twisting motion.
- Similar to dislocation, but may require less time to heal.
- _gradually from aging, repetitive stress, or injury to the shoulder while falling.
- Signs are weakness, especially in thumb, burning pain, tingling, numbness, and a positive Phalen's test.
- _fracture of the distal radius. Manifestations are pain, swelling, and obvious deformity of the wrist.
5 True/False questions
What is RICE? → Injury to ligamentous structures surrounding a joint, usually caused by wrenching or twisting motion.
What is the point of RICE? → Identifying the precipitating activity, modification of activity, pain management with heat/cold application, rest, physical therapy, for strengthening and conditioning, and lifestyle changes.
What are the symptoms of a sprain and strain? → Self limiting, with full functioning returning within 3 - 6 weeks.
How is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome caused? → Pressure from trauma or edema caused by inflammation of tendon (tenosynovitis), rheumatoid arthritis or soft tissue masses.
How do you prevent CTS? → Prevention involves educating employees and employers to identify risk factors.