5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are other manifestations of dislocation?
- What is Carpal tunnel Syndrome?
- • A Colles' fracture is a _
- What is nursing care for a disolcation or subluxation?
- What is RICE?
- a Directed toward pain relief and support and protection of the injured joint.
- b CTS - caused by compression of the median nerve, which enters the hand through carpal tunnel.
- c Rest, ice, compression and elevation.
- d _fracture of the distal radius. Manifestations are pain, swelling, and obvious deformity of the wrist.
- e Local pain, tenderness, loss of function of injured part, and swelling of soft tissues in joint region.
5 Multiple choice questions
- _from noncontact when the athlete pivots, lands from a jump, or slows down when running.
- Severe injury of the ligamentous structure that surrounds a joint.
- Similar to dislocation, but may require less time to heal.
- _for bursitis
- _eight stages of self-healing (union).
5 True/False questions
What is the point of RICE? → Identifying the precipitating activity, modification of activity, pain management with heat/cold application, rest, physical therapy, for strengthening and conditioning, and lifestyle changes.
What are signs of CTS? → Signs are weakness, especially in thumb, burning pain, tingling, numbness, and a positive Phalen's test.
• Traumatic injuries account for _ → _from noncontact when the athlete pivots, lands from a jump, or slows down when running.
What is a strain? → Injury to ligamentous structures surrounding a joint, usually caused by wrenching or twisting motion.
What can reduce the risk of sprains and strains? → Warming up prior to exercising and before vigorous activity followed by stretching.