5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How do you prevent CTS?
- How can RSI be prevented?
- What can severe strains require?
- What can reduce the risk of sprains and strains?
- What are the symptoms of a sprain and strain?
- a Surgical repair of a muscle and surrounding fascia or tendons.
- b Through education and ergonomics.
- c Prevention involves educating employees and employers to identify risk factors.
- d Pain, edema, and decrease in function.
- e Warming up prior to exercising and before vigorous activity followed by stretching.
5 Multiple choice questions
- CTS - caused by compression of the median nerve, which enters the hand through carpal tunnel.
- _disruption or break in the continuity of the bone structure.
- _fracture of the distal radius. Manifestations are pain, swelling, and obvious deformity of the wrist.
- Decrease inflammation and pain for most soft tissue injuries.
5 True/False questions
How is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome caused? → Pressure from trauma or edema caused by inflammation of tendon (tenosynovitis), rheumatoid arthritis or soft tissue masses.
What is Dislocation? → Partial or incomplete displacement of the joint surface.
What is nursing care for a disolcation or subluxation? → Similar to dislocation, but may require less time to heal.
What does dislocation require? → Prompt attention. Realignment and then immobilization by bracing, taping or using a sling to allow time for ligaments and tissue to heal.
• Traumatic injuries account for _ → _the majority of fractures