5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are signs of CTS?
- • ACL injuries usually occur _
- How are strains and sprains classified?
- • Bone goes through_
- • A Colles' fracture is a _
- a _fracture of the distal radius. Manifestations are pain, swelling, and obvious deformity of the wrist.
- b First, second or third degree depending on the amount of damage.
- c Signs are weakness, especially in thumb, burning pain, tingling, numbness, and a positive Phalen's test.
- d _eight stages of self-healing (union).
- e _from noncontact when the athlete pivots, lands from a jump, or slows down when running.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Rest, ice, compression and elevation.
- Directed toward pain relief and support and protection of the injured joint.
- RSI - cumulative traumatic disorder resulting from repetitive movements, awkward postures or sustained force.
- _immediate localized pain, decreased function, and inability to bear weight or use affected part. Obvious bone deformity may be present.
- Pain, edema, and decrease in function.
5 True/False questions
What is Subluxation? → Severe injury of the ligamentous structure that surrounds a joint.
What is treatment for a RSI? → Identifying the precipitating activity, modification of activity, pain management with heat/cold application, rest, physical therapy, for strengthening and conditioning, and lifestyle changes.
What are the effects of a mild sprain? → Self limiting, with full functioning returning within 3 - 6 weeks.
What does dislocation require? → Prompt attention. Realignment and then immobilization by bracing, taping or using a sling to allow time for ligaments and tissue to heal.
• Rotator cuff injury may occur _ → _gradually from aging, repetitive stress, or injury to the shoulder while falling.