5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The form pneumoconiosos caused by coal dust in the lungs.
- b The condition of having below normal oxygen levels in the body tissues and cells.
- c Surgical removal of all or part of a lung.
- d Abnormal increase in the depth and rate of the respiratory movements.
- e Inglammation of the visceral and parietal pleura in the toracic cavity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The loss of the ability of the laryns to produce normal speech sounds.
- Inflammation of the larynx.
- Surgical removal of part of the pleura.
- Absence of spontaneous respiration.
- Progressive loss of lung function due to a decrease in the total number of alveoli, the enlargement of the remaining alveoli, and then the progressive destruction of their walls.
5 True/False questions
thoracostomy → Surgical creation of an opening into the chest.
spirometry → Inflammatin of the sinuses.
hypopnea → Abnormal increase in the depth and rate of the respiratory movements.
polysomnography → Visual examination of the larynx using a laryngoscope.
pharyngoplasty → Surgical repair of the pharynx.