5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The form pneumoconiosos caused by coal dust in the lungs.
- b Accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.
- c Surgical removal of part of the pleura.
- d The form of pneumoconiosis caused by asbestos particles in the lungs.
- e A chronic alleric disorder characterized by spisodes of severe breathing difficulty, coughing and wheezing.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An abnormal condition caused by dust in the lungs that usually develops after years of environmental or occupationa contact.
- voice impairment including hoarseness, weakness, or loss of voice.
- Pattern of alternating periods of rapid breathing, slow breathin, and the absence of breathing.
- Specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the ears, nose, and throat.
- Usually an emergency procedure in which an incision is made into the trachea to gain acdess to the airway below a blockage.
5 True/False questions
laryngectomy → Surgical removal of the larynx.
hypopnea → Shallow or slow respiration.
epistaxis → Condition in which the lung fails to expand because air cannot pass beyond the bronchioles that are blocked by secretions.
croup → Acute respiratory syndrome in children and infants characterized by obstruction of the larynx, hoarseness, and a barking cough.
polysomnography → Accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.