5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Usually an emergency procedure in which an incision is made into the trachea to gain acdess to the airway below a blockage.
- b The condition of having below normal oxygen levels in the body tissues and cells.
- c An abnormal condition caused by dust in the lungs that usually develops after years of environmental or occupationa contact.
- d Excessive discharge of mucus from the bronchi
- e Surgical repair of the pharynx.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Puncture of the chest wall with a needle to obtain fluid from the pleual cavity for diagnostic purposes, to drain pleural effusions or to reexpand a collapsed lung.
- voice impairment including hoarseness, weakness, or loss of voice.
- Surgical creation of an opening into the chest.
- Visual examination of the larynx using a laryngoscope.
- Bleeding from the nose.
5 True/False questions
laryngitis → Inflammation of the pharynx; also known as a sore throat.
antitussive → Medication administered to prevent, or relieve coughing.
hypoxemia → A condition of having below normal oxygen level in the blood.
aphonia → The loss of the ability of the laryns to produce normal speech sounds.
emphysema → Progressive loss of lung function due to a decrease in the total number of alveoli, the enlargement of the remaining alveoli, and then the progressive destruction of their walls.