5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The absence of oxygen from the body/es gases, blood, or tissues.
- b An abnormal condition caused by dust in the lungs that usually develops after years of environmental or occupationa contact.
- c The condition of having below normal oxygen levels in the body tissues and cells.
- d Medication administered to prevent, or relieve coughing.
- e Inglammation of the visceral and parietal pleura in the toracic cavity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Abnormal increase in the depth and rate of the respiratory movements.
- The condition that occurs when the body cannot get the air it needs to function.
- The form of pneumoconiosis caused by asbestos particles in the lungs.
- Contagious bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract that is characterized by a spasm like cough.
- Bleeding from the nose.
5 True/False questions
empyema → accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.
bronchiectasis → Chronic enlargement of bronchi or bronchioles resulting from an earlier lung infection that was not cured.
hypoxemia → A condition of having below normal oxygen level in the blood.
sinusitis → Inflammatin of the sinuses.
atelectasis → Condition in which the lung fails to expand because air cannot pass beyond the bronchioles that are blocked by secretions.