5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Test that measures physiological activity during sleep.
- b Abnormal increase in the depth and rate of the respiratory movements.
- c Specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the ears, nose, and throat.
- d Accumulation of air or gas in the pleural spacecausing the lung to collapse.
- e Visual examination of the larynx using a laryngoscope.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Chronic enlargement of bronchi or bronchioles resulting from an earlier lung infection that was not cured.
- Surgical creation of an opening into the chest.
- The abnormal buildup of carvon dioxide in the blood.
- Shallow or slow respiration.
- Surgical repair of the pharynx.
5 True/False questions
antitussive → Contagious bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract that is characterized by a spasm like cough.
asthma → A chronic alleric disorder characterized by spisodes of severe breathing difficulty, coughing and wheezing.
pulse oximeter → External monitor to measure the oxygen saturation level in the blood.
pulmonologist → Specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the lungs and associated tissues.
pleurisy → Surgical removal of part of the pleura.