5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a An infectious disease caused by mycobacterium tuberculosi.
- b The condition of having below normal oxygen levels in the body tissues and cells.
- c Accumulation of blood in the pleural cavity.
- d Visual examination of the larynx using a laryngoscope.
- e The form of pneumoconiosis caused by asbestos particles in the lungs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Difficult or labored breathing.
- An abnormal condition caused by dust in the lungs that usually develops after years of environmental or occupationa contact.
- The passage of a tube through the nose or mouth into the treachea to establish or maintain an open airway.
- Medication that expands the opening of the passages into the lungs.
- Progressive loss of lung function due to a decrease in the total number of alveoli, the enlargement of the remaining alveoli, and then the progressive destruction of their walls.
5 True/False questions
laryngoplegia → Inflammation of the larynx.
pharyngoplasty → Surgical repair of the pharynx.
bradypnea → Absence of spontaneous respiration.
polysomnography → Accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.
tracheostomy → Surgical creation of an opening into the chest.