Get ahead with a $300 test prep scholarship | Enter to win by Tuesday 9/24 Learn more
1. We usually use gerunds (ing) when we are looking back on an action.
2. We usually use infinitives (to + verb) when we are looking toward the future.
3. We usually use the gerund as the subject. Ex. Working is fun.
4. We usually use gerunds after prepositions (Ex. talked about doing, scared of doing)
5. We usually use infinitives after adjectives (Ex. happy to, sad to)
6. We use infinitive after 'too' and 'enough.' (Ex too hard to finish)